Artillery...Is it possible?

Any ideas how?

Hi all! I have a new idea, and I'm wondering how to do it (if it is even possible). It is space artillery. You select a target ship, fire once, and the ship is bombarded with ammo shells. But, since I am a noob to EV Nova plug in developing, it is just an idea. If anyone has a clue how to do it, can they please help me? Thanks

Star Captain Saber 😄

@star-captain-saber, on Nov 8 2007, 04:12 PM, said in Artillery...Is it possible?:

Hi all! I have a new idea, and I'm wondering how to do it (if it is even possible). It is space artillery. You select a target ship, fire once, and the ship is bombarded with ammo shells. But, since I am a noob to EV Nova plug in developing, it is just an idea. If anyone has a clue how to do it, can they please help me? Thanks

Star Captain Saber 😄

Closest thing I can think of would be to use a guided weapon that splits into submunitions. (The conventional use for submunitions is for cluster bombs and the like.)

Here's what I'd do...

Turreted weapon, low reload, burst count at something like 4, burst reload 60-90, high speed, submunitions into 3 or so artillery rounds, subs have inaccuracy of something like 30, detonate at end of life or on decay, prox radius at about half the blast radius.

That should be about at close as you can get, though you'd have to hold the fire key.

Well, it could be a sort of carried ship. You deploy a stationary artillery implacement in space, and then tell it to fire on another ship. It starts firing a limited number of artillery rounds, at which point you have to come pick it up.