trading missions

need some help

So i have trading missions that pretty much all they do is take cargo from point A to B, with both A and B being random spobs of the same government.

However, i have a problem. According to the Nova Bible, when selecting random spobs the system makes sure that the spobs are "a) more than two hyper jumps away from the system where the mission is being offered, and 🆒 a stellar which is guaranteed to always exist throughout the course of the game."

The problem is these trading missions are for a small government, and by the time you take out the spobs that are modified you are left with like 3 possible traderoutes.

The fringe spobs of this government are never really destroyed, its just that the desc resource changes for them, and the only way ive found to accomplish this change in descs is to change the entire spob itself to a different spob with the same name.

My question is is there some way to change desc reasources without involving a second spob with the same name, or if that spob has the same name (but not id number) will it still prevent that spob from being used in the random selection?

Oh, and do these two rules apply to return systems? for example you are currently on a spob that eventually will not exist, will that spob even offer a mission to pick something up from point B and bring it back to the spob that may change in the future?

This post has been edited by CrazySteve : 11 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Okay, that is weird. I once ended up with a united shipping mission for 100K to go from one planet to another in the same system. I never heard of this more than 2 links thing. Anyway, my suggestion is try to make a bigger government. How big does it actually have to be? Is it a giant, or a little gov. trying to free itself from opressers, some other over used theme, or something origanal?

You can indeed change the descs - check out the desc section in the bible.

Thanks guy, for some reason i never thought to look under the desc heading and read the entire spob heading instead. hits head

Well its a small gov that is in the process of being eaten by another gov, pretty much i am just doing a plugin for myself for fun. I don't have much to do nowadays other then the typical college work so i figured id mess around in EVNEW for awhile.

One thing, so i got the desc stuff down now, and i know that systems can change governments, but can spobs? I just re read parts of the bible and couldn't find anything saying that spobs could. If not does setting the system government and just leaving the spob government as independent work? And finnaly can the flags of a spob be changed without changing the spob? like setting it to unihabited? I am guessing the awnsers to these questions are no since the bible avoids this part.

This post has been edited by CrazySteve : 11 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

You are correct. The only way to change a spob is to change the system to one with a different version of the spob.