turning away when jammed

I would like to make a weapon that cannot turn once in flight, but can be "repulsed" by enemy ships with a specific outfit.

Here is my plan:

The weapon will be guided with a turn rate of 0, and it will be set to turn away when jammed. It will have a jamvuln of 100%, and the anti-weapon outfit will have a jamming success of 80% (this thing needs to do at least some damage) It will be very fast, and look/act like a normal gun (PD will ignore it). My problem is such:

Will the missile turn away when it is jammed even if the turn rate is 0, or does it turn away at the turn rate?

Okay, I personaly haven't experimented with all of this, but I have done a PD targetable non-turning rocket. Several problems with your plan:
1. I would argue that it probobly wouldn't turn away, because it can't turn, right?
2. The part about using jamming doesn't make sense. All missiles are vulnerable to jamming. You would affect base missiles with your outfit, and your missile would be affected by base jammers. You would have to adjust every single type of missile and jammer in the game to free up one jamming slot, probobly 4. This would be a big plug, and also would mess a bunch of standard game parts up.

Sorry to ruin your thought. It was cool, but not every cool idea works. Let's see, the PD cluster bomb, the paint gun, the hyper velocity rocket...

i'd say just try it. if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but at least you will have learned something new.

Good philosophy, that.
Seriously, try it. I might have done something wrong, you get it right, and we both learn something.

Um, this is for the TC darkstar (maybe). This will be the only weapon to use this jamming type (possibly).

Ah, since it's a TC, differant matter. Do it.