Just for fun, which ship do you like better?

Okay, I've decided to introduce the Procyon Engineering Guild G-8b Lynx class Courier/Scoutship. It has a pretty hefty punch for a ship its size, and while it has less armor and shields than the Bobcat it more than makes up for that with improved cargo capacity, speed, accelleration, and fuel capacity. And also a much higher pricetag.

(attachment=4695:Lynx.jpg)

Here's a picture of the ship. It has been greebled and retextured.

(attachment=4696:Picture_1.jpg)

Here's the ship ingame. It's a bit smaller than I like, so I might fiddle with the resolution a bit more.

Lynx? I smell a law suit coming from Josh...

LOL. Because Josh invented the word "Lynx", of course. 😄 Then again, I'm not one of those sue-because-you-used-data-from-my-plugin-for-yours type of people. That's not to say I don't really appreciate it if I'm at not least mentioned in the credits, however.

Lynx? I smell a law suit coming from Josh...

If he wants to he can try. Somehow I get the feeling that he won't suceed. I share Cosmic Nusiance's view-

LOL. Because Josh invented the word "Lynx", of course. Then again, I'm not one of those sue-because-you-used-data-from-my-plugin-for-yours type of people.

Maybe if he had a Nuergahartchaj class fighter and I used the same name, he could sue me...

@shlimazel, on Sep 17 2007, 12:55 PM, said in Just for fun, which ship do you like better?:

What, like this? (picture of a ship from the back)

Attachment rapier.jpg

The engines I had in mind were smaller and on the "wingtips" in an over and under config:

EwCCwE

Slide the "w"'s up so that they are midline in the above simplified back view and you'll get closer to what I intended.

The proportions of Engine, wing, and Cabin are a bit closer to my intention there as well.

The maneuverability comes from the fact that any chamber in the "E"'s can fire fore or aft independent of the others, giving you all sorts of 3D maneuverability. Pity that in EVN we can't show off the full 3D maneuvering capabilities of such a craft...

@shlimazel, on Sep 18 2007, 03:56 PM, said in Just for fun, which ship do you like better?:

Okay, I've decided to introduce the Procyon Engineering Guild G-8b Lynx class Courier/Scoutship. It has a pretty hefty punch for a ship its size, and while it has less armor and shields than the Bobcat it more than makes up for that with improved cargo capacity, speed, accelleration, and fuel capacity. And also a much higher pricetag.

Attachment Lynx.jpg

Here's a picture of the ship. It has been greebled and retextured.

Attachment Picture_1.jpg

Here's the ship ingame. It's a bit smaller than I like, so I might fiddle with the resolution a bit more.

WAY too dark. Too hard to see those ships. Unless that was your intention?

The engines I had in mind were smaller and on the "wingtips" in an over and under config:

EwCCwE

Slide the "w"'s up so that they are midline in the above simplified back view and you'll get closer to what I intended.

The proportions of Engine, wing, and Cabin are a bit closer to my intention there as well.

The maneuverability comes from the fact that any chamber in the "E"'s can fire fore or aft independent of the others, giving you all sorts of 3D maneuverability. Pity that in EVN we can't show off the full 3D maneuvering capabilities of such a craft...

I think that I can picture what you mean. That does sound like a more maneuverable craft concept. The Starfury from Babylon 5 is a good example of a ship that would be a practical space dogfighter design, as well.

WAY too dark. Too hard to see those ships. Unless that was your intention?

I could brighten up the Lynx easily. Is that the ship you were referring to?

I'm not worried. I know that my Lynx would destroy his utterly any day. 😛

We're studying Rome in History, and the first thing on the first video we watched was the Colosseum. I kinda pictured what the TC might be like instead of the ancient Colosseum.

I'm not worried. I know that my Lynx would destroy his utterly any day.

That'll be the first thing I check when you release colloseum 😉

Nuergahartcha light fighter? Not a bad name, I call it, since I think you are joking.

Nuergahartchaj. Nuergahartchaj! Geez, man, how could you possibly misspell that?!?! 😉 Sure, use it if you want to. I don't mind.

Wahoo! Sounds like an interceptor for my coming up mini total conversion!!!