Renders topic

for my plug

I made this topic because otherwise I keep spamming the forums 😉
Here you'll find all my (latest) renders for my upcoming plug... Added a new one (bullets):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These are all really good, keep them coming. 🙂

Those bullets are smokin'!

@reinierk, on Aug 17 2007, 02:22 PM, said in Renders topic:

I made this topic because otherwise I keep spamming the forums 😉
Here you'll find all my (latest) renders for my upcoming plug... Added a new one (bullets):

**I like the graphic of the bullets. However, from a practicality standpoint they look too much like a bullet that would be shot out of a handgun. Unless you're creating a scenario where the sprites are people, this probably wouldn't work.:)

Certainly they could be for a chain-gun type projectile weapon, but in my head I picture something slightly more advanced and technological for a space-based bullet weapon. Simply put, they don't look much like space weapons! Of course, this is all a matter of style, really.

_bomb

I'm starting at the bottom, with basic outfits... (of which the old type bullets would be one ;)), hang in there, because I'm planning on making more advanced graphics/models for later weapons.

Latest: the chaingun. Uses the 20mm bullets posted before... It will get at least two more variations... The double chaingun and maybe the quadruple chaingun or some kind of other variation.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by ReinierK : 23 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Sweetness.

I am really looking forward to playing your TC/plug. Like mentioned before, if you need any non-graphic help, I'm your man.

How long did it take you to learn blender?

To be honest: my battery renders were done after about 4 days of 'learning' blender... I read the "Blender from n00b to pro" wiki, that helped a lot. Then I just experimented with it.
Basically, when you begin to master the options in blender, the modeling becomes very 'natural'... I use reference images too (like for the bullets I googled some images of 20mm bullets to see what shape they have).

The texturing is something different (don't master it yet), but I'm rather ok with Photoshop, so that compensates a bit. Still learning every day 😉

Here's the double chaingun!
Posted Image

Thats really nifty. Something about two of them makes it look much cooler.

Question - Are you going to be using that same diffuse grey background for the outfit pics in your plug? I'm wondering the rear of the chaingun would fade into a black background or not... Just pondering.

--BP

No I will be using different backgrounds... I'm not sure yet what I'll use but I've indeed been wondering myself 🙂
I can easily make parts of the guns brighter or even a different color, but it should have the same look and feel as the rest of the interface... I still have to work that out, so these are just mock-up renderings really 🙂

Just as a piece of trivia, the chaingun doesn't look like that. That's a vulcan or gattling gun, but not a chaingun. Of course, it doesn't matter whether it is realistic or not, especially since I am going to use a 'chaingun' in my TC 😉

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 28 August 2007 - 10:13 AM