im new!

@ronin4114, on Aug 10 2007, 09:55 AM, said in im new!:

I'll have a few renderd images up tonight I hope. I've been working on two similar lokking ships. I think im going to focus on the later of the two because i like it more.. 🙂 but in any case ill have it up soon. then its the goal of creating the rotating images. and then the compiling and i still cant seem to get that one figured out

Well without further a do... heres my draft.

Posted Image

Niiiiiiiice. Me likee. If you need help texturing, send me a top view of the ship and I'll texture it. Be warned, though, it won't texture the bottom, unless you can projection map in Lightwave or whatever.

Not too bad, except it looks like you photoshopped it onto the background.

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 10 2007, 06:37 PM, said in im new!:

Not too bad, except it looks like you photoshopped it onto the background.

Actually the background is auto generated from lightwave itself

@ronin4114, on Aug 10 2007, 07:23 PM, said in im new!:

Actually the background is auto generated from lightwave itself

and heres a new rouh of another idea.... i call them wasps... perhaps a fleet?

Posted Image

@ronin4114, on Aug 11 2007, 12:11 AM, said in im new!:

and heres a new rouh of another idea.... i call them wasps... perhaps a fleet?

Posted Image

Nicee. Great concept. Maybe a few better textures... </selfadvertising>

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 10 2007, 09:25 PM, said in im new!:

Nicee. Great concept. Maybe a few better textures... </selfadvertising>

i should have a new one i think i want to run with.. ill try to get an image that will help you texture.. ill have it up later tonight

@ronin4114, on Aug 11 2007, 09:28 PM, said in im new!:

i should have a new one i think i want to run with.. ill try to get an image that will help you texture.. ill have it up later tonight

Ok. Just get me a top view and I'll see what I can do.

I really like your images. They are great concepts. The models are also very nice.
Very waspy feeling :).

I think you need to work a bit on:

- Texturing
- Lighting
- Rendering.

All of these are equally important to get the best result.

When you combine images like the last one above, it's usually a good idea to make the light sources match the light emitted by objects in your background. In your case the blue nebula and the star illuminating your planets. Star is likely located to the right. Your ships are lit from the left it seems, and does not seem to receive any light from the star. Which makes the ships feel like they don't belong.

To combine images like that is incredibly hard to get completely right, so don't give up if it takes some time.

- Modesty

@modesty-blaise, on Aug 12 2007, 03:52 AM, said in im new!:

I really like your images. They are great concepts. The models are also very nice.
Very waspy feeling :).

I think you need to work a bit on:

- Texturing
- Lighting
- Rendering.

All of these are equally important to get the best result.

When you combine images like the last one above, it's usually a good idea to make the light sources match the light emitted by objects in your background. In your case the blue nebula and the star illuminating your planets. Star is likely located to the right. Your ships are lit from the left it seems, and does not seem to receive any light from the star. Which makes the ships feel like they don't belong.

To combine images like that is incredibly hard to get completely right, so don't give up if it takes some time.

- Modesty

well like i said before tese are just roughs and concepts but thankyou much i will definately work on it.. by the way what program do you use..