EV:C and EV:O plugs Q

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I don't see it anywhere. Anyway, is it just me or do those EV:C and EV:O Nova conversions (the "officially" released ones) no longer work with the latest version of Nova? I'm not sure if they just don't work, or if I'm putting the files in the wrong places. I know I had them working once before, but it's been a while.

They should work just fine with EVN 1.0.10. Move everything that is normally in your "Nova Files" folder somewhere else, and put everything that comes with one of the ports in there instead. If you are on windows, you'll have to run the files through the plug converter first. Beyond that... read ReadMes. 🙂 Oh, and empty your Plug-ins Folder of stuff made for the stock EVN scenario.

I said the ports work "just fine".... That's true more or less, but for EVO you really should run Guy's port to avoid some bugs in the official one. There's a link on my site, and a link to that in my signature.

Enjoy!

Thanks - I'll try it again. I'm on a Mac. I played EV:C voraciously back in 1996-97. That game actually got me through a rough stretch - I received a PowerMac 7200 as a gift, at the same time I was going through a prolonged stretch of unemployment. Playing the game gave me something to do during that time. I'm afraid I really didn't get into EV:O that much, and then I got heavily into Diablo II which monopolized my time for a few years. I picked up Nova when it came out, but I was still heavily into DII so didn't spend much time with it. (Actually I got frustrated with EV:N because I was getting that !@#$%^ Vell-os mission string every time I started a new pilot. I see they've fixed that in later versions, requiring you to accept a delivery mission to Earth before the string is offered. Sweet.)

However, I'm now officially bored with Diablo II (I keep trying to go back, and just can't) and my 467MHz G4 just can't handle the new games out there, so I'm back into Nova and having a lot of fun 😄