ARPIA2 - Welcome to the Arpia

A Christmas present to remember

_This is Derteck Rodcap, reporting live from the Yubenia Konzert Haus on planet Culuria, Residio system.
Some weeks ago, the universe's foremost news agencies, politicians, scientists, and about a billion other people received an invitation from Arpia to come to Yubenia for a conference. Arpia said that reservations were mandatory due to a llimited number of spaces, and ours was the only news agency lucky enough to get one.
What Arpia didn't mention was the subject of this conference. And I guess we're all here to find out why. All ten thousand of us gathered here in the Konzert Haus.

As you can see, celebrities are here in scores, as are the most influential men and women of the galaxy. I see Angos Jaawe, Cain Mosni and Professor David Williams in the front row. His Eminence the Bishop Redjoe de Page is also there, sitting next to Admiral Kimoned. And the list goes on. But the major part of the audience is composed of those Arpia cares about the most: its own members and small-time traders.

Oh, they are dimming the lights. The major names of Arpia are coming on stage. This is it. And the Man himself has now joined them.
the crowd applauds_

Ladies and gentlemen,

It is my great pleasure and honour to announce the completion of one of the greatest projects to have seen the light in this galaxy. I know, I know, you have all been waiting for many a year, and it probably isn't half as formidable as it has been made out to be, but it has been brought to a close, finally, and that is what matters the most.

We are more than a full year behind the originally planned completion date, but in that year, our team has striven to make the delay worth every penny spent, every second wasted, every little yoctosecond waited, every yottametre covered virtually or physically to see this announcement.

I know I'm rambling, but there's nothing like actually making something public after you've worked on it for so long. All those countless hours of thinking, writing, encoding, even testing.

There were moments where I didn't feel up to it, moments where I just had enough of it, moments where I really couldn't care less about completing this project; I'm sure everyone who has ever done something of any scale will recognise the feeling.

But all that is over, because now, it's all up to you.

And I have only four words for you before I leave the stage to Pace, the real mind behind it all:

"Welcome to the ARPIA".

-- Ekrid Malrow, Arpia Chairman & Managing Director

general applause and cheers

Thank you Ekrid for this brief introduction.

Folks, I'm really thrilled to be the one to explain to you what it is you're about to discover, and to tell you where you can find "it".

What is "it"?

ARPIA2 (also known as "Arpia 2", "ARPIA II", ) is a massive EV Nova plug-in, featuring graphics by some of the most eminent graphic designers of this community (some created EVN years ago, others are creating games of their own). ARPIA2 adds three major storylines woven in parallel: the Regular member, the Shadow Warrior and the Public Figure.
In ARPIA2 you get to choose your path. But beware: one choice can change the future, and the future holds many surprises Do you have what it takes?

At first, it is a new system made available once you get to know Arpia (if you succeed in finding it). It soon becomes a gold mine for new ships and outfits. Though that is not the only gold mine. Due to this new application of their properties, the market in Gwaark Bacteria has taken massive proportions, and there is money in it It has always been everyone's dream to fight off entire fleets by oneself, to become a big-time rich trader, to do covert ops and to know everyone, everywhere. Well, here's your chance.

Where can I find "it"?

Just head over to www.arpia.be/arpia2/ and choose which version you want. Of course, as we would like to know what you thought of the plug-in after trying it, do visit it again and rate ARPIA2.

How do I install "it"?

Installation instructions are in the ReadMe, but I shall put them here too in case.

For Mac: Put the all files that are included in the "Put In Nova Plug-ins" folder into your Plug-ins folder as instructed. Please remove any other plug-ins, as compatibility is not at all guaranteed (read further along for details).
For PC:
Follow all instructions found in the PC Plug-in Conversion Tutorial, then put the .rez files and the .mov files in your Nova Plug-ins directory.

Compatibility: It is compatible with EVN 1.0.10, and should also be compatible with all other older versions (but I will not vouch for those prior to 1.0.6). For WinNova 1.0.6 users, I would suggest upgrading, due to the number of bug/crash fixes that have come around since then, but it is not completely necessary. The two consecutive posts I made here explain the compatibility issues between ARPIA2 & WinNova 1.0.6.
Note: you must register EVN to use plug-ins.

I very much doubt it will work with other plug-ins because of the range of resources used (notably the missions: almost all slots are taken up). Use with other plug-ins at your own risk. (To check compatibility, open both plug-ins with an editor)

Where can I go/Who can I contact if I have a problem/comment/request/?

Either contact me through here, or (better yet, if you don't mind making it public) post it on www.arpia.be/forum.
Other means are also open to you: you can contact me via AIM/MSN/Yahoo!IM by looking at my profile.

I have a question regarding the storylines

Stop right there! If you have a single question, READ THE README & WALKTHROUGH!

the crowd laughs uncomfortably

These two documents, included in the ARPIA2 package, contain all you need to know (this includes storyline availability information and also riddle help, but if you want to solve the riddle with guidance/assistance and without "cheating", contact me).

By the way, for the resident know-it-alls, the Walkthrough will also help you interpret the pilotlogs of people in dire need of help, should I be unavailable, so do check it out as well.

There, that's it for now.
I just hope you enjoy this plug-in we've delayed and polished so much. I hope it meets your expectations.

I shall repeat what our dear Ekrid said:

"Welcome to the ARPIA."

May the superzero watch over you wherever you go, and may he/she/it save you from the abyss of death.

Brothers and sisters of Arpia and from beyond,
Best regards,

-- Peter "Pace" Craddock @ ARPIA

www.arpia.be/arpia2/

Merry Christmas to all of the EVDC, and thanks for helping out in your own ways!

This post has been edited by Pace : 17 April 2009 - 03:32 AM

You're welcome Pace. 😉

Hmm... Perhaps I can set a few nanoseconds aside in my busy schedule to play this plug... It sounds interesting!

Congratulations, Pace!

And I hate you for stealing my whole Christmas break away. 😛

Huzzah!