SOLVED Weapon Sprite Needs

Really simple

Can anyone make a couple of invisisble weapon shot sprites? I need two for certain weapons I'm making in CTC. One needs to be as tiny as possible, the other about the size of a medium blaster shot. You can simply make a PICT and accompaning mask, I have the capability to convert into RLE.

The one who provides these will be given proper credit.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 08 November 2006 - 10:20 AM

I don't think I quite understand what you want. Invisible you say? Couldn't you do it yourself since the player will never actually see it?

Sprites with a graphic of -1 have no effect on other ships, won't create blasts, and won't submunition. Thats why I need a sprite that can't be seen by the player. Black beams can be seen in other colored background and only work for one of my unseen weapons.

Sprites with 0x0 will.

0x0 would work for the tiny as possible one.

Though I was hoping someone would make them for me, since I don't have the know how to make weapon sprites and I'd rather have someone else make them while I get other parts of CTC done, so things get done a bit faster.

Do weapons hit if there is no unmasked region, or will there need to be a single pixel open? Alternatively, are there falloff methods for doing this?

I will make it (Med Blaster sized one). Do you want rleD or rle8, I don't do picts.

And out of curiosity, why do you want someone else to make it? It will be invisible so saying that you suck at making graphics won't cut it.

Or that you are just a lazy slob. You could just make a 16x16 square and that's it!

@wonderboy, on Nov 7 2006, 03:23 PM, said in SOLVED Weapon Sprite Needs:

And out of curiosity, why do you want someone else to make it? It will be invisible so saying that you suck at making graphics won't cut it.

Lack of tools primarily. Mission Computer lacks a graphical editor. That and I'd rather continue working as I am on other aspects of CTC that I don't need to learn how to do, so time efficiency too.

Besides, I'm starting to consider searching for a graphics guy to start helping me with the plug.

And rleD format, since thats the format all my other weapon sprites are (currently) using.

Attached File untitled.PNG (167bytes)
Number of downloads: 11<

There. It took me longer to post that thing then make it.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 07 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

Well, there it is. Attached File Invis_Blaster_Shot.zip (371bytes)
Number of downloads: 12 I used a Medium Blaster Shot so it is exactaly that size. It also is the standard 36 frames (for Nova weapons), not that it matters. I even tested to make sure that completly masked sprites do infact hit. Enjoy the invisible-ness.

(Edit): Hmm, Jaca seems to have beaten me. I did take my sweet time and goof off while testing, as well as eat dinner. 😄

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 07 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

Well, Jaca's didn't work. It wouldn't even open in Mission Computer and its also a .png, which Nova can't use.

On the other hand, Wonderboy's works perfectly for all the weapons sets, so I really don't need to the tiny invisible sprite, the invisisble medium blaster works for all of it.

Well, this problem is solved. And I will say that any picture with the Ionization Field in it is now obsolete, though thats not the only use I'm putting the weapon to. 🙂

Nova won't accept .png? I find that very odd.

Well you know, there's two ways to fish. One is to buy an expensive fishing pole, an ice chest, hooks galore, worms or fishing flies, overalls and boots. Way number two is to just grab a pointed stick.

Glad I could help. 😄 I knew that EVNEW doesn't support the import of .png files, but I didn't know that it mattered once it was in the file.

JacaByte said:

Well you know, there's two ways to fish. One is to buy an expensive fishing pole, an ice chest, hooks galore, worms or fishing flies, overalls and boots. Way number two is to just grab a pointed stick.

I don't know what you were trying to say there Jaca, but I preffer the pointed stick; it is harder to catch a fish, but both more fun (well, to me atleast) and more rewarding (you worked harder, so you feel better for the reward).

I think what he meant essentially boils down to this: Why be so elaborate in performing a task when it can be solved simply?

At least, that's how I interpret it.

Ah, I wasn't feeling very philosophical when I first read it, nor was I fully awake. I still am not fully awake, who was the elaborate one, and who was the simpler one?

The Elaborate One: The guy who gets WAY more than he needs to accomplish the task (the dude who buys the top-of-the line pole, ice chest, etc.).

The Simple (possibly smarter) One: The dude who simply grabs a stick and waits for the fish to come to him.

Yes, I realize you were kidding... :laugh:

Hmm...I think I should add that to my siggy.

Right on the nose Mike! I chose a pointed stick.

Now EVNEW won't import .png? Now that's a load of hogwash. I've used use .png sprites with EVNEW dozens of times and they worked perfectly!

Edit: Ha. Choses...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 09 November 2006 - 07:20 PM

EVNEW uses QuickTime, and so does Nova.

QuickTime supports PNG.

EVNEW and Nova support PNG.

End of story.

Very peculiar, EVNEW used to crash when I tried to open a .png file, I just tried again, and it had no problem. I am quite confused...