Mission with just ship goal?

I'd like it to end when the ship goal is complete

I have a mission where the player must destroy some ships. I would like it to end immediately when he has done it, rather than have him return to a spöb. I tried just having no destination or return spöb, but it doesn't work - the mission never ends (even though the player's log shows the ship goal as achieved). Is there a workaround?

fires up EVNEW

In the On Ship Done field use the Axxx term to kill the mission and the Apply Mission Pay on Abort flag to give the player his credits when he destroys the ships.

@jacabyte, on Oct 13 2006, 10:13 PM, said in Mission with just ship goal?:

fires up EVNEW

In the On Ship Done field use the Axxx term to kill the mission and the Apply Mission Pay on Abort flag to give the player his credits when he destroys the ships.

Won't that also give the player the credits if he aborts it manually?

I guess you could make it un-abortable, but that can cause problems if the player no longer wants to do the mission.

Assuming there is some sort of pay that needs to be applied you could have it start another auto-aborting mission to do that instead of having the pay part of the main mission.

Payment would be credits and a legal rating boost. Guy, from my tests what you suggest would work for the pay but not for the legal boost - they don't seem to be given with auto-aborting missions. If that's indeed the case then I will just have the player land. Less elegant but considering that the legal rating is vital in my mission system it might be the only solution.

This is precisely why an operator to automatically "complete" a mission would be useful.

or, the mission could trigger an auto-aborting hidden mission that would pay the player, give the player the needed govt rating, and start the next mission.

@lnsu, on Oct 15 2006, 03:49 AM, said in Mission with just ship goal?:

or, the mission could trigger an auto-aborting hidden mission that would pay the player, give the player the needed govt rating, and start the next mission.

Except that from what I've seen in tests auto-aborting missions don't give the player the legal boost.

Is an auto-aborting mission the same (to the engine) as a mission that calls Axxx when it starts, where xxx it its own id?
Or do they use different processes to get the same result?

I ask, because if the legal boost isn't working with the auto-aborting feature, maybe it can when an actual abort call is made.