Neko Love (Lock please)

To all ponderers: I'm not going to be doing anything with the Neko cat (at least not anytime remotely soon). If I were going to "port" it, I would first have to figure out how to access the sprite frames in the original app. I'd then probably invert 'em so they were white lines on a black background, and make what I suspect would be a 16-frame grid w. 8 frames in each of 2 rotations, one w. legs outstretched and one w. legs under the body.

My first goal would be to implement it as a replacement graphic for the "economy at work" shuttle (or drone?) in the stock scenario, so that the kittens ran between the various spobs in Sol.

If I were putting Neko in some sort of bizarre TC, though, at least some of the cats would get "interceptor" AIs -- since they can't follow the cursor, they should follow the player's ship! 🙂

Anyway, if anyone feels like pursuing this, please go at it!

Perhaps DarkDragon would like his cat girls to have some cute space-pets? 😄

@dr--trowel, on Sep 8 2006, 12:53 AM, said in Neko Love (Lock please):

Perhaps DarkDragon would like his cat girls to have some cute space-pets? 😄

Heh, if I get any good Ill go after that...

Anyway, I made some minor modifications:

1. No more annoying "what is your gender" mission. Thanks to Pace, I have found a way to do it automatically...
  2. A terrible plot entry...
  3. The KNN news picture background is now black... it is very sloppy so I plan to re-do it

Throw me a friggin bone here, Im the boss, I deserve it 😛

This post has been edited by DarkDragon951 : 09 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

My name is Hamster, and I approve this plug for great justice.

Seriously, not much like this has been done before. Rock on DarkDragon.

Posted Image

@dr--trowel, on Sep 7 2006, 09:53 PM, said in Neko Love (Lock please):

If I were putting Neko in some sort of bizarre TC, though, at least some of the cats would get "interceptor" AIs -- since they can't follow the cursor, they should follow the player's ship! 🙂

Yeah, too bad you aren't doing a bizarre TC.

I downloaded your "demo"...would you call it a demo?

Anyway, it's very imaginative, and not that bad of an idea. At least, I've never seen anything like it.

It would probably be better as a mini TC, but thats your choice.

:laugh: Help me out here please... I need help... psychological and for the plugin 😛
Anyone who wants to help out is allowed to help in anyway (suggestions, you messed up heres ect...)

Of, and Redneck... it might be considered a demo but I consider it an open beta build...

That sounds better!

Might I suggest a kidnapping storyline. (or seperate mission.)

Let me explain. Your "spouse" gets kidnapped, be it any government, (pirates would be good.) And the government demands some of that special technology mentioned in the introduction. (or an enormous amount of money. or both...) You could make like a searching mission, stuff like that.

Just an idea.

@redneck, on Sep 11 2006, 07:56 PM, said in Neko Love (Lock please):

Let me explain. Your "spouse" gets kidnapped, be it any government, (pirates would be good.) And the government demands some of that special technology mentioned in the introduction. (or an enormous amount of money. or both...) You could make like a searching mission, stuff like that.

Just an idea.

Hey, thanks! Ill consider putting it over when I get time (school...) That is the type of help I need... progress is slow though <_<

No rush! (I hated school. so time consuming...) Slow progress is better than none I say.

A snip from the version I'm looking at:

You enter the energetic bar to find Len. After speaking with him, you decide to order a quick drink. While you are ordering your drink, you spot an attractive young man out of the corner of your eye who seems to be watching you. You instantly recognize him as one of your {b9997 "husband's" "wife's"} unwanted suitors. You know he is very violent, and has several "connections." Not wanting to cause a disturbance, you decide to leave the bar, forgetting about your drink.

As you return to your beautiful {b9997 "husband" "wife"} you catch a glimpse of the young man, following at a distance. You quickly decide that it would be wise to leave as quickly as possible.

Unless this gets written out later, you have already conceived and introduced a character with the motive to kidnap the player's spouse (An Unwanted Suitor,) as well as the means to do so (Several "Connections.")

Motive. Means.

Opportunity.

You could have him be the kidnaper.
(After this point I'm just rambling things off)
If he's looking to kidnap the player's spouse, there would be both difficulties and opportunities from his perspective.

Tracking a space-going couple, while not impossible, would be difficult across a wide galaxy. He may try waiting for the player to come to him. Of course, he's not just going to sit on Vrenna, freezing his tail off, hoping the player suddenly starts trading in Ice Lizard pelts. While the image of a villain sitting chest deep in the snow on an out-of-the-way frozen wasteland crawling with monsters is amusing, it isn't very practical. One thing your villain could do is try waiting somewhere the player is likely to come to:
- A major port
- An event or festival on Kawaii-Neko that the player doesn't want to miss
- Stage an accident against a relative of the spouse, forcing a return to the homeworld

This last option opens another angle; getting the player to go where the villain wants him to go, for example:
- The villain puts out an ad on the Missions BBS that he needs a consignment of goods picked up on Viking and delivered to Altia by a certain date, then tries to arrange it so that the player is the only one offered the job. The villain could try to hide his direct involvement through a series of dummy corporations.

Even if you have him slated for some other plot, he could turn up again. After all, if he isn't taking 'No' for an answer, he probably isn't taking 'Failure' as his final word. Alternatively, you could take any of what I just said and have any other entity attempt the same for different motives.

- An event or festival on Kawaii-Neko that the player doesn't want to miss

Eugene Chin, thanks for the suggestion. I had actually started to put something in. I didnt have a reason for the character to go back till now... this gives me an idea... :rolleyes:

looks around and whispers The NK mafia doesnt want anyone to know this but... get wacked over the head by a bunch of thick nekos and is quickly dragged away

Ok, I have made a new version. This one has a PC version aswell! Hope it works... but due to an error... I cant upload it so if you want to download it click the alternate link on the first page.