The Rebel Star Liner's Spec Layout

@rmx256, on Jul 18 2006, 08:37 AM, said in The Rebel Star Liner's Spec Layout:

Most real ship masses refer to displacement and not to weight, but in space I am not sure what it would displace.

Only if you're talking displacement tons - register tons are a measure of volume, specifically volume in the cargo bay.

@chronodrago, on Jul 19 2006, 11:07 AM, said in The Rebel Star Liner's Spec Layout:

Thanks man 😄

Wow, someone actually needed my plug. Did you like it? Did it work for you?

Hmm, we'll probably wait a little bit longer until we think there's enough votes, even though it's probably obvious which one we'll go for, and if that's the case, then we would like some feedbacks for any improvement on that design with the most votes. So far, I'm considering of replacing the single fusion turret with something more substantial, just something strong enough in terms of firepower and quantity just to drive off hostile targets but under reasonable amount that this ship can afford.

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 04 August 2006 - 12:53 PM

It should come with a cheap thorium reactor. For serious.

Give it broadside turrets, so it goes up nest to a ship, and pounds it with blaster turrets.

It seems as if the vote is turning towards my version, but we cant be sure until there is more votes- enough votes. We need more votes, people! So please vote more, and more than just one vote or two- we need 5 votes for mine to win, for example. I dont want to sound too pushy, but we (me & Coraxus) need more votes to decide which version we go with. I estimate that it needs quite a bit of votes yet, so thats why I said more than one or two.

This post has been edited by General Cade Smart : 16 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

Alright then, it's official. The vote's over, and we will choose my design as the primary purchasable version and improve on it. If you still like to, post your suggestion, but make sure that your suggestion stays very close within the permenant specs of the chosen design, and that you know well aware of the role the Rebel Starliner was made for, therefore I don't want any of you suggesting uber battery of triphammers or double rebel viper bays, stuff like that cause that would be far too unrealistic and it would defeat the purpose of this entire thread altogether.