My TC's Story/Progress/Info

That's right, you have to join pirates to get their higher end outfits and ships. As for the dagger and blade, I will try making them more worthwhile. And I will try "nerfing" a bit the electric arcs weapons..

As for making a weapon immune to the effect of ionisation, I will think about it... actually, it will probably end up being one of those new technologies you can make available with the Astral missions.

Oh, and bomber/interceptor thing only refers to what the ship was built for. Interceptors just about always favor better movement and lighter weaponry while Bombers favor a tougher build with fewer weapons of much greater strenght.

EDIT: Alright, I've corrected several bugs mentionned. I added a few descs that were previously blank. And thanks to draco_2488, this version has fewer spelling mistakes and the likes. I've altered the balance, too, mainly in order to weaken the reign of electric arc weaponry in fights. Fewer ships sport them, they are also a tiny bit weaker and comparable weapons have longer ranges and improved damage. De-ionisation was also a increased slightly for smaller ships. And, best of all, a mission was added! 😛

Download Here.

The download is also permanently hosted on Filelodge. Let me know if it screws up. The previous post with the download link has also been edited to link to this new version.

This post has been edited by Mumbling Psycho : 06 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

Some things (I haven't installed yet):

You can get several reactor-equivalents at the second of varying types, which is kinda overpowered.

And having multiple Bulldog bays doesn't improve the number of Bulldogs you can get.

-Bob

You can get several reactor-equivalents at the second of varying types, which is kinda overpowered.

What you mean? If you check the availability bits, the biggest ships can't mount the smaller reactors. Same is true with bigger reactors for smaller ships. Bits won't allow. Also, only two reactors of the same type are allowed and finally, even though they do not take much free mass, they do consume a lot of cargo room. This means you'd have to sacrifice a lot of free mass to actually fit all the reactors you can buy. That would be nice to make a courrier ship not having to wait very long between each jumps but it doesn't favor combat ships... It's true however, that I might consider restraining the number of auxiliary reactors to one at a time or something.

And having multiple Bulldog bays doesn't improve the number of Bulldogs you can get.

Will look into it, thanks.

Note: The new download available had its basic laser beam weaponry boosted. However, I felt it was too much, so I re-adjusted. I've tested a bit and they still seem worth it. As for the next release, it will take some time. I will wait to have much more content to add before updating. I don't want to have 3487564786 releases. That would be annoying to always have to download a new one, too.

Oh, and if you just wanna see some AI fighting to have a look at the balance and that kinda stuff, you can try to give a look at the Magellan system, one jump away from Sol. Almost always some fighting there. you could try the systems below the Border systems, who stand at the edge of both th Federation and the Kelen. Interesting, fights there, too. And props to those who find the wormholes without looking at their coordinates. 😉