Nova Tools

i think ill have to make it a freefall bomb and then make a submunition that looks like a wormhole and make that the tractor beam. :huh: But how do u make an rleD into an explosion, i see how to make it the wepaons graphic, but it doesnt tell me the explosion. Btw, what is the boom resource used for.

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 05 June 2006 - 01:26 PM

Only beam weapons can have negative impact (yes, this does work) and you cannot use beams as submunitions. To do what you describe I think you would need to make the initial weapon a carried fighter (that looks like a wormhole) and give the fighter the tractor beam. And make it untargetable or something. To prevent the player from controlling it you may be able to make it immediately self-destruct (zero armour) and give it an escape ship which is the ship with the tractor beam.

@edwards, on Jun 5 2006, 05:19 PM, said in Nova Tools:

What system are you using, and did you accidentally clear the "FramesPerSet" field?
In general, NovaTools is fairly stable on my system (Classic running on MacOS 10.3), although it does crash more often than most other programs I use. There is a consistant bug in the shän editor, where if you clear the "FramesPerSet" field, ResEdit will instantly crash, but that's not too hard to avoid.
If you're referring to an instability other than ResEdit crashing, could you elaborate?

Edwards

OSX 10.4, running ResEdit under 9.2.2 Classic.

It's mostly pretty stable, but any changes to the Gun/Turr/Beam/Guided/XYZ fields must be done with care. I have to stop the graphic from spinning and/or hide the dots from the exit type in question before doing so; and I only change one column at a time. Also, changing the upcompress and dncompress fields has issues.

If I try to do too much, or view the results of my changes by spinning the ship with those dots visible immediately after making them, ResEdit crashes (but doesn't bring down Classic). Sometimes this occurs after the graphic begins spinning, and seems to have redraw issues (old dots don't go away when new ones are drawn).

However, so long as I close and re-open the shan editor after every few bits, it seems to work.