Weapon Graphics

From rleD to a weapon

Hey guys,
How do u turn a rleD of a weapon into an acutaly graphic that a weapon can use? And how do u set up a spin and what is a boom?

I believe all of that can be found in the Nova Bible.

ill look again, but usually the bible confuses me more.... πŸ˜„

Yeah some times. Sence your on Windows use notepad. It has a helpful search feature, which is great on large files like the Bible.

(Edit): I said I believe it all can be found I won't say that all of it is there but some is. Like what a Boom is.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 05 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

A spin is an animated graphic that is constantly animated, such as the spinning of a missile (see: spďn). A boom is an explosion type.

How do u put a boom into the explosion type of a weapon? The weap descript doesnt tell me how, nor does the ev bible

Sure it does:

Nova Bible said:

ExplodType What kind of explosion to show when the weapon hits.
-1 No explosion
0-63 This type of explosion
1000-1063 Explosion type 0-63, plus a random number of type-0 explosions around it

Mentally substitute "bΓΆΓΆm resource" for "type of explosion" wherever it appears in the Nova Bible, as the bΓΆΓΆm resource is the only place you find explosions. Since the range for the explosion type is 0-63, that's a clue that they want the index number of the resource - the index number of any resource is the ID number minus 128 (i.e. ID numbers start from 128, while index numbers start from 0).

Thus if you have a bΓΆΓΆm resource with ID 180 that you want to appear as a weapon explosion, then simply type 52 into the box. If you have a resource with an ID higher than 191, then it won't work at all, since that's the largest ID number for bΓΆΓΆm resources in Nova, as stated in the line:

Nova Bible said:

Max Explosion Types 64

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 05 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

thanks man thats a huge help :laugh: