rlë RIDs for shielding

Just a quick question

After doing some various search around this webboard, I finally learned that rle's can be used to create sheilding sprites for when a ship's shield is hit by fire. Question is, do rlë with shielding sprites have their own reserved number of RID's, or do I have to use whatever is available?

No RLE IDs are reserved, just use what you can find. I'll add some "conventions" for these in my guide sometime 🙂

(NSBoard setBooleanProperty:ironyDetector to:yes)And, pray tell, what makes you qualified to decide on a convention on this? The mere fact you're doing a resource ID guide(NSBoard setBooleanProperty:ironyDetector to:(aww, heck, whatever it was before))

@zacha-pedro, on May 15 2006, 09:50 AM, said in rlë RIDs for shielding:

(NSBoard setBooleanProperty:ironyDetector to:yes)...(NSBoard setBooleanProperty:ironyDetector to:(aww, heck, whatever it was before))

I think you've been doing a bit too much programming lately. 🙂

Anyway, I've used the 1200 series for shields sprites. The only things in that series in the original game are the Thunderforge alt sprites, and the Auroran Cruiser running lights (which ought to be in the 1600 series). If you have lots of alternate sprites, the 3000 series appears to be unused.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 15 May 2006 - 12:32 PM

@zacha-pedro, on May 16 2006, 04:50 AM, said in rlë RIDs for shielding:

(NSBoard setBooleanProperty:ironyDetector to:yes)And, pray tell, what makes you qualified to decide on a convention on this? The mere fact you're doing a resource ID guide(NSBoard setBooleanProperty:ironyDetector to:(aww, heck, whatever it was before))

Well sure, I mean who else is going to? 😛
Nah, I'll just check other plugs that have used them or rely on other people to make good suggestions or something. 😉 It doesn't really matter in the end though.

This post has been edited by Guy : 15 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

Okay, thanks for answering my questions though.