Podpeople plug

The podpeople plugin is not working.

(font=Georgia)Greetings,

I was wondering why the podpeople.rez plugin/cheat is not functioning. I am a windows XP user and I have done the standard procedures for installing plugins( download-unzip-put in Nova Plugins folder). Somebody please help me on this. 😞

Korithus

@korithus, on Apr 22 2006, 02:10 PM, said in Podpeople plug:

Greetings,

I was wondering why the podpeople.rez plugin/cheat is not functioning. I am a windows XP user and I have done the standard procedures for installing plugins( download-unzip-put in Nova Plugins folder). Somebody please help me on this. 😞

Korithus

Let's get the obvious out of the way:

Are you registered?

Lets assume that's a bit too obvious and try and get some more info. How exactly is it not working? What are you expecting it to do? If you want to be sure a plugin is loading properly, make a debug log (if you don't know how to do this just search).

Greetings,

1. Yes I am registered.

2. It is not working because when I move the plugin file podpeople.rez into the Nova Plugins file and run the game the plugin is not active. There was no description about if it was a Mac or Windows plug, and no email address to email the creator. Is it possible that it requires a different version of Nova, or It just won't read the file? I have version 1.09.

3. I am expecting it to allow you to use an escape pod as a ship that is inertialess, has 3 weapon slots, 20 tons of space and have 6 jumps.

Korithus

This post has been edited by Korithus : 22 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

.rez files are Windows plugins, and so it should function. It may be that you simply have not found aforementioned ship – does the plugin have a readme?

Assuming you have not already checked, does the plugin show up in a debuglog?

Greetings,

1. The plug does not have a readme.

2. What is aforementioned ship and debug log

2. What is aforementioned ship and debug log

He really meant the escape pod you were talking about. Maybe you just didn't find out how to get it.

And a debug log is a text record of everything that the game does from the moment the game launches. You make one by creating a text file of .txt format in your nova folder and name it precisely "debuglog" without the quotes. Once you load the game, text will be dumped into the file automatically and you can then show it to us so we can decipher it for you and tell you what's going on.

Greetings,

I greatly appriciate all the help everybody has give me and am sorry about this, but I really don't want to use "podpeople.rez" plugin anymore.

THANK YOU AND SORRY,

Korithus