Picts appear RED in EVN 1.0.9

Why?

After loading a few picts into EVN, a friend did some testing on his EV Nova, which is version 1.0.9
This is how they came out:
Posted Image

In EVN 1.0.8 they came out just fine.
They were saved as PICTs in Photoshop at 32 bits.

What is the problem here, and what is the best solution for fixing it?

Thanks,
Highway

This post has been edited by Highway of Life : 06 April 2006 - 10:20 PM

Try searching...this topic has been up here a few times...I know I saw it in the evn forum...and I think that is a plug you are using...the stock senerio should be just fine.

Get Blitzen. Run the plug through it with default settings, with the exception of no compression. Reimport picts and it should all work right. If it doesn't work, check the second dither option as well and make sure it is set to 24 bit.

Alternatively, 1.0.10 is supposed to fix this problem. You can wait on that if you choose.

Okay, thanks Josh and Swithitch.

Though, will saving them as 16bit solve the problem?
Or do they need to be 24bit?
I did not see that option in Photoshop, but it might be there somewhere.

@joshtigerheart, on Apr 6 2006, 09:26 PM, said in Picts appear RED in EVN 1.0.9:

Alternatively, 1.0.10 is supposed to fix this problem. You can wait on that if you choose.

This is the first mention I've heard of 1.0.10. Got a time estimate on that?

@derakon, on Apr 6 2006, 10:23 PM, said in Picts appear RED in EVN 1.0.9:

How long you got? :rolleyes:

@highway-of-life, on Apr 6 2006, 09:35 PM, said in Picts appear RED in EVN 1.0.9:

Though, will saving them as 16bit solve the problem?

Maybe, but be warned that pipeline has repeatedly stated that the only supported image format is what BlitZen produces whan you set it to output 16-bit uncompressed PICTs. Anything other working format is purely accidental, even if it is the same bit-depth.

Edwards

Interesting. Thanks Edwards.

Strange that a new version of EVN would have more bugs than an older version huh?
Anybody know where the changelog for 1.0.9 is without downloading the whole thing?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Highway of Life : 07 April 2006 - 09:31 AM

@highway-of-life, on Apr 7 2006, 06:30 AM, said in Picts appear RED in EVN 1.0.9:

Strange that a new version of EVN would have more bugs than an older version huh?
Anybody know where the changelog for 1.0.9 is without downloading the whole thing?

Though, to windows users, there are far fewer bugs than there were in 1.0.6 (which was the only windows version untill the 1.0.9 release).

And I know pipeline released a changelog some where. But as I recall, it only listed Scenario changes, not engine ones.

Not to mention a double irony, but Win 1.09 doesn't have this pict problem.

Don't know, I'm not on the beta. I accidentally recieved the first two beta digests for it after 1.09 was released since I was on the Win 1.09 team. I told them to take me off the list since (at the time) I couldn't test because I didn't have a Mac (which I do now 🙂 )