Hum.. char ressource acting weird

Does it even work?

I tried to make multiple choices of starting characters, but I guess the char ressource doesn't work properly... and by that I mean, a single one does work, but having more than one, while it does bring an additionnal menu, doesn't seem to work properly, or at least it is not wokring on windows 1.0.8.

I can click on it, but it just goes blank, holding it for a few seconds stops the music and when you let go of it, no matter what it always seems to stay on character. Weird.

:unsure:

EDIT: Okay using the search I found out it's probably not supposed to work properly, I guess I could use an heavily restrained mission on your 1st landing to offer you to start as something else...

This post has been edited by Mumbling Psycho : 25 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

Firstly, there is no version 1.0.8 for Windows. The 1.0.6 version (original Windows release) does not have a working char resource.

1.0.9 fixed this, and the char resource should work properly, however another problem can cause odd behavior:

The names of the char resources must not start with a period. This, in my experience, causes the resources not to work at all, however it may not be very clear.

Edit: I will suggest that, if you don't have it already, that you go ahead and download version 1.0.9.

Hopefully this helps.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 25 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

Thanks twice 🙂 and I had forgotten about that version difference thingy... 😄