EVN help

need help with EVN developing? come here

ok...... i'm making a system called electrovir with a planet called electrovir and a hypergate. so far is going fine. i got the hypergate working now. the only problem is, when i go to the hypergate and it opens, it keeps looping instead of staying open.... i'll probably fix that in a few minutes by myself... but the big thing is... i have the system now... but the Sol system is GONE. nowhere completely GONE. any idea of how to get it back?

Your new system is taking the same RID as Sol. Open up one of the datafiles with the systems in it, find one that isnt being used, and assign your systems ID to that.

I predict this topic will end up being a discussion about beam bugs or something of that nature.

Very carefully read the entry in the bible about the spob resource and what it has to say about the hpyergates.

um... i don't see anything about hypergates....

electrovir, on Mar 10 2006, 06:17 AM, said:

View Post

There's a separate bible for hypergates. Did you know you can pilot one, and ships will randomly jump in and out of you?

If you don't keep the planet and the hypergate far enough from each other, the hypergate will eventually end up eating the planet. That's your problem, right there.

Since this seems to be a random question thread, I don't feel like starting a new thread, AND search hasn't helped (it must not like me very much)...

How can I import sounds into a plug using MC from my hard disk?

electrovir, on Mar 10 2006, 01:17 AM, said:

View Post

Hint: Whatever program you're using to view the bible, chances are it has some sort of search function.

The next pair of fields tells Nova which special landscape to show and which
ambient sound to play.

CustPicID Which custom landscape to show
128 and up ID number of PICT to load instead of the
standard landscape display
less than 128 No custom landscape
(Note: for animated hypergates, this field can be optionally
used to set the index of the transition between the
"opening/closing" animation and the "working"
animation. Set to 0 to have the engine use the first
half of the frames for "opening/closing" and the
second half for "working".)