Dogfighter Elite

[enter witty side comment here]

I've been working on this for a while now (about a month), but I've yet to actually post a topic here about it.

Dogfighter Elite is a mini-conversion for EV Nova. In standard Nova, I was always a bit miffed about the fact that if I ever got in a fighter and started flying around it, would get very boring very quickly. That is mainly due to the fact that the developers assumed you would just dump fighters and fly around something bigger. This plug-in is being made to remedy that. Dogfighter Elite changes the Nova universe into a more fighter-friendly place, complete with new ships, storylines, the works. And guess what? You're stuck with fighters! Mad fun. Please note that this isn't a total conversion in the strictest sense, in that it will use mostly standard Nova graphics and sounds. It's also going to be pretty small.

I mentioned that it will mostly use Nova graphics. I would prefer to have two recolored versions of the thunderhead (federation and auroran). I might also need a spรถb description writer. I stink at those.

Here is the EV-Nova.net thread for it, if you're interested. Here is the progress log.

Cool, i think that is a swell idea. Best Of Luck, also if you PM me i may be of some help with the spob desc.

Sounds like fun!

----------
Now, what sort of "recoloring job" do you want for the T-heads? If you just want them hued, it shouldn't be any trouble for someone to whip up a set of sprites, but if you want the government symbols added, you'll need a good graphic artist to re-create the models.

Edwards

Pretty much what you said, Edwards, rehued, although of course I would prefer something more sophisticated than what a paint outfit woud do.

Sup Crimp!

Just to let everyone here know, this TC is really something. It is unique, it is orginal and above all, it is quality.

Again, best of luck from your old ev-nova.net pal,

Ravenheart ๐Ÿ˜‰

Are you saying only fighter's will exist in the Nova Universe now and large ships will no longer be available or exist for the player to use?

Ah, good old Ravenheart. Nice to see a familiar face.

Actually, larger ships will exist, you just won't be able to buy them, capture them, or otherwise obtain them. Why? It makes it harder and funner. You're not relying on brute force, there are more tactics involved. I'm not really planning on having missions where you have to destroy a carrier with a squadron of fighters. Maybe extra bonus missions that pay a lot, but never as part of a storyline.

Oh, and this isn't an add-on tp the standard Nova universe. As Ravenheart mentioned, it's a TC, although it isn't exactly a total conversion in that Nova graphics and sounds will be used, and the universe won't be nearly as big as Nova's.

This post has been edited by The CrimpMaster : 31 January 2006 - 11:37 PM

The CrimpMaster, on Jan 31 2006, 08:33 PM, said:

Ah, good old Ravenheart. Nice to see a familiar face.

Actually, larger ships will exist, you just won't be able to buy them, capture them, or otherwise obtain them. Why? It makes it harder and funner. You're not relying on brute force, there are more tactics involved. I'm not really planning on having missions where you have to destroy a carrier with a squadron of fighters. Maybe extra bonus missions that pay a lot, but never as part of a storyline.

Oh, and this isn't an add-on tp the standard Nova universe. As Ravenheart mentioned, it's a TC, although it isn't exactly a total conversion in that Nova graphics and sounds will be used, and the universe won't be nearly as big as Nova's.
View Post

Sounds like a project I started a few months back then let sit for a while because I got a job. I made my "TC" using nova graphics and sounds, and also had it centered around fighters. ๐Ÿ˜„

Wow, this sounds awesome. I hope it comes out soon...hmm...how long do you think it will be untill its done? I cant wait.

Don't know when it'll be done actually. I haven't been working on it a lot lately, but I will.