What are you working on right now?

Eegras Studios, on Dec 29 2005, 05:42 PM, said:

A semi TC about racing vipers around planets not hitting them or getting shot.
View Post

Ooh, did you see my Race plug? For use with Absolute Minimum. The AI probably won't work very well on any machine other than my own.

Edwards, on Dec 31 2005, 04:55 PM, said:

Now, the plug I'm working on is currently non-functional under MacNova 1.0.9, with 0% of the graphics working. It will be released once I work out a method of converting them properly.
View Post

As I mentioned in the 1.0.9 PICT bug topic, all you need to do is drop the whole plug file on BlitZen, select 16 bits, dither, don't use quicktime compression, and then re-merge the resulting file with your initial datafiles.

If you're on a PC, feel free to send your file to me and I'll do it for you. Someone should talk to the EVNEW developer though about adding this capability to it.

Andcarne, on Jan 2 2006, 11:54 AM, said:

As I mentioned in the 1.0.9 PICT bug topic, all you need to do is drop the whole plug file on BlitZen, select 16 bits, dither, don't use quicktime compression, and then re-merge the resulting file with your initial datafiles.
View Post

There's more to it than that -- try running the test plug I posted here in the 1.0.9 (ANN) thread through BlitZen. When I did what you recommend, my cabbage/destroyers went from reddish-pale to completely invisible. Unless Edwards or someone else identifies a loophole, RLE-ing seems to now be mandatory for ships and planets. RLEd sprites don't behave in the way Edwards wants. (I'd look for a way around this more myself, but I'm suffering hardware problems right now.)

Well, I just did that, and the plug tripled in size ( all of the graphics were in 1-bit format). Fortunately, this particular plug does not use deadly spobs, so it isn't too important that the sprites be PICT-based.

Anyway, I now estimate that it will be released tomorrow, provided that I can work out the fatal crash on Windows (and provided that I can get the registration code entered- my computer seems to be allergic to the registration app (bug has been reported, and it shouldn't prevent me from registering it)).

Edwards

Working on our STN: The Final Frontier total conversion.

Wow, don't you just LOVE the rave reviews on EVN 1.0.9?
I thought when you upgrade a program it was supposed to get better...? :unsure: