Totally Pointless TC

That's some pretty hard "prok" there, rmx256...

Selda (Moccarina, Thyme)

Temperature (Kelvin, Celsius, Farinheit)

Wanderer (Hermit's Paradise, Infidel's Haven, Angel Eyes)

Hades (Infidel's Hell)

Space (Final, Fronteer)
-1,-1

I'll leave that up as proof that dispite my arrogance and browbeating I am still a moron.

It should, however, read 'pork'.

Okay, now I need just a few spob names.

I'd say you already have them, as everybody kind of ignored you and wrote stellars next to their systems anyway.

<laughter>

Yes, but I ignored most of those stellars. Some were left in their systems, and some were moved around. Actually, I'm good on stellars now.

I need:

Pictures with solid color backgrounds.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you might be on your own there.

Suddenly I begin to understand.

This is really quite clever.

It's a sort of viral version of "I have an idea for a TC and I want everyone else to do the work for me".

First you ask people to donate random numbers -- something we all have a lot of.

This gets them feeling that they 'belong' to the project.

You keep their defences down by insisting that it's pointless and just a bit of daft fun.

But then you get them to donate names... and then pictures

By the time they realise what is happening they will be well and truly hooked. Will you be sending out a project team badge at that time, or will be there be a secret handshake?

I'm guessing there will be fringe benefits for team-members who sign up new people.

Before we know it half of the EVx Dev community will be begging to be allowed to contribute a ship, or a mission string, or anything.

Oh, you can submit something, Turner, instead of critiquing the project.

If you can't get a picture with a solid-color background, you can just submit a picture of ANYTHING, as long as the whole object is in the shot. Google Images is a great place to find pictures.

This post has been edited by danielwellsfloyd : 28 December 2005 - 03:21 PM

danielwellsfloyd, on Dec 28 2005, 07:17 PM, said:

Oh, you can submit something, Turner, instead of critiquing the project.

If you can't get a picture with a solid-color background, you can just submit a picture of ANYTHING, as long as the whole object is in the shot. Google Images is a great place to find pictures.
View Post

Touched a nerve, did I?

But you've yet to explain what the project is.

I donate my avatar. Seriously.

Martin Turner, on Dec 28 2005, 09:30 PM, said:

But you've yet to explain what the project is.
View Post

The project is total crap. And it's not my crap, it's our crap. I don't plan to say, "Hey, look at this TC I made!" It's really just to help pass the time during Winter Break.

I guess I'll donate a couple of pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

For storyline inspiration, go to this place.
Also: we at this place are in need of unsuspecting victims.

This post has been edited by The Apple Cřre : 28 December 2005 - 09:15 PM

And more:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Um... I think I'm going to close this. It'll either degenerate further into a flame war, become even more spammy, or make me wish I was never born. Either way, I'm nipping the bud.