Problem capturing disabled ships

Using a 'Starts disabled' gövt

I created a plugin with a new government that starts with disabled ships, and a system where the disabled ships could be found. When I flew up to them, I was able to board them and steal money and energy, but the "Capture ship" button was blacked out. It also said 0% chance of capture, though my ship's crew is 220 and has 4 Marine Platoons. Is there any way to make these ships start off as disabled but able to be captured?

I believe this is a feature, not a bug. You have to have a crew on the ship you're trying to capture in order to take it over, or something.

Correct. It is impossible to capture a ship with 0 crew. If you add just 1 crew to it, things should start working properly.

Edwards

I think this is a bug because the ship already HAS a crew. I created a new düde that is ALWAYS shďp 131 - Leviathan (31d Model), which has a crew of 20. The only thing that the düde changes is the government, which is, like I said, a government with disabled ships only. The Leviathans all enter the system disabled (which looks kinda funny) and I can boar and plunder, but not capture.

Sorry about that, your problem has nothing to do with lack of crew- I'd mis-remembered the effects. What happens with a 0-crew ship is that you can't board it at all, which is clearly not the problem.

The problem you are running into is much simpler. You cannot capture ships owned by a "starts disabled" govt. Ever. Not a bug, just a feature. I think there's even something in the beta history about it.

Edwards

Well, grrrr. Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I need to change my go¨vt then.