Fxxx - Can't get to work.

It seems no matter what I try, I just can't seem to get Fxxx to remove a mission from the active missions list.

All it does is put a bullet in front of it. The player still has to abort it.

I want to avoid triggering OnAbort. I'm using the abort field to trigger other things.

I want to have a mission sitting in the active box until the player aborts it to activate something. However, in some circumstances, I want to be able to remove this mission at some point without triggering OnAbort and so the player can't abort it after it's failed.

It has to be a visible mission (so the player can abort it at will)
It has to be abortable (so the player can abort it)
I've even tried making a blank fail desc to see if that would help.

Even after I land the mission still just sits there.

Based on other people's comments, it seems like this is possible.
What am I doing wrong here?

You have the CanAbort flag checked yet the mission won't disappear? I'd really like to know how you did that. The CanAbort flag supposedly controls whether it disappears or not so in theory you shouldn't have any problems.

This is what i said in the other thread, and it makes it work for me, every platform, every version.

That's correct, it won't dissapear even with the CanAbort flag checked.

I know the CanAbort flag is checked. When I forget to check it, I quickly find that I can't abort the mission. And so the "(Abort) here..." mission to do something doesn't work until I fix it.

Is there something else that might be causing this?
So far, all my attempts to use Fxxx to remove a mission have all ended in failure (no pun)

I can confirm this bug. It is a difference between Fxxx and other modes of failure. A mission with the CanAbort flag set, although it vanishes after a normal failure, does not vanish if you Fxxx it.
I have attached a demonstration plug to this post.

Edwards

Attached File(s)

Thats weird..> I thought I had gotten that to work. It might depend on what kind of mission it is, i think.

I'll test the behavior in win1.09 tonight.

Sorry for misinformation.

Does your mission have cargo?

Nope, no cargo.
This was just a mission to maybe set some bits and start another mission when it got aborted.
I had hoped that failing it would remove it without triggering (or allow triggering) of the abort field.

I believe, though I could be wrong, that the OnAbort field is only evaluated if the player aborts the mission, not by the Axxx tag.

UncleTwitchy, on Nov 10 2005, 11:53 PM, said:

I believe, though I could be wrong, that the OnAbort field is only evaluated if the player aborts the mission, not by the Axxx tag.
View Post

No. The OnAbort will evaluate no matter how the mission gets aborted.
And, in a related sense, the OnAccept field will evaluate regardless if the player accepts the mission, or is activates via Sxxx.