Fera Challenge #1

Yay!

**Start: November 7th, 2005
End: Early 2006
Prize: The Badge of Smarts.

The Challenge Option #1
Try to make your own 3d model of one of the EV-Nova ships. The more complex the ship the higher score you will get.

The Challenge Option #2
Take one of the EVC or EVO ships and modify it to fit nova standards. Like an engine glow, and runing lights or whatever.

EDIT: I changed the challenge(s) to be a bit harder, and less time wasting, sorta.

This post has been edited by ferazier : 07 November 2005 - 05:43 PM

I don't think you understand how plugins work.

Well the only thing he got wrong is the roll-over bit. The movie will be displayed all the time.
Or you could do it in Quartz 😛

I know how they work... You can do that... It says in the nova bible "
MovieFile: The filename of a QuickTime movie to display in place of the
ship picture in the shipyard dialog. The QuickTime movie must
reside within the Nova Files or Nova Plug-Ins folders and will
be looped continuously while the player has this ship type
selected."

I do my research. You should do yours.

This post has been edited by ferazier : 06 November 2005 - 04:50 PM

This isn't fair to Windows users...they don't have MC. 🙂

They can always try to program it by hand... 😄

What would you need MC for?

Adding the video in... Well any one can do it though its easiest on MC.

No...MC can export QuickTime movies from RLEs.

orcaloverbri9, on Nov 7 2005, 01:43 PM, said:

No...MC can export QuickTime movies from RLEs.
View Post

Really? Wow, I didn't know that.

Guy, on Nov 6 2005, 06:00 PM, said:

Really? Wow, I didn't know that.
View Post

Nor did I :blink:

ferazier, on Nov 6 2005, 06:57 PM, said:

Nor did I :blink:
View Post

What's MC?

<- Windows user.

ferazier, on Nov 6 2005, 05:50 PM, said:

View Post

Excuse me. I am one of the top 5 best read people on these boards in terms of numbers of time reading the bible (and practical applications of said reading), and I was well aware of what passage you read, and how much you misinterpreted it. The rollover was the focus of the challenge, as far as I saw it, and it was clearly impossible. As for the challenge itself, its a very "who has the tool that can do this automatically, and the time to crunch data files?" kind of thing going on.

But bleh... Im just in a bad mood (note the bnb thread).

Check the export menu. 😉

MC = MissionComputer, a plug-in editor made by David Arthur.

Hmm...it only exports on a white background. However, as an RB programmer, I know it's very easy to use a different background, so he probably wouldn't mind allowing you to export it on a black background. requests feature

ferazier, on Nov 6 2005, 09:50 PM, said:

View Post

Tell you what; next time, after you've done your research, make your own damn plug-in rather than getting someone else to do it for you by posting a thinly veiled demand under the guises of a challenge.

He wanted to imitate Qaanol.

Hudson, on Nov 7 2005, 02:36 AM, said:

Tell you what; next time, after you've done your research, make your own damn plug-in rather than getting someone else to do it for you by posting a thinly veiled demand under the guises of a challenge.
View Post

Hahahahah!!!! I can make my own if I want... It's just fun to see how many people can, and know what they're doing, so instead of questioning my abilities as a developer I recomend you start if you want to participate, if not I'm not forcing you to.

Well, that being the case, for those people who do know what they're doing, what you're asking would take very little effort. It's just damn time consuming. As challenges go, 'Fera Challenge #1' is up there with 'popping round the corner for box of corn-flakes'. For 'Fera Challenge #2' you might want to aim a little higher in the challenge stakes. Maybe something in the 'popping round the corner for a box of strawberry pop-tarts' ball-park might be in order.

As for actually engaging in your little challenge, I wouldn't waste my very expensive time.

This post has been edited by Hudson : 07 November 2005 - 06:05 PM

If the prize were a mrxak star, I'd be more motivated.

And your challenge is teh sux. :mellow: