Can I make this ship work?

Corporate weapons.

I want to make corporate ships. Huge office-sytle cruisers that are hostile to everyone, but instead of firing guns they fire transport pods, full of solicitors, that are reportedly the best in the galaxy. Only a telepath can talk their way out of buying 3000 blenders or a subscription to various magazines.

If you get too close to it, there would be point defense lawyers, that have a short range but pack a huge punch.

My question is, could I make a weapon that depletes money, and adds useless cargo?
How could I make my ship work?

As far as it looks, I want it to be kinda like this:
Posted Image

Plain but huge. Or I could just use one of my unused ships.

You would have to give it a cloaking device (that it would never use), then have it attach to a mission thats objective would be to observe. Thus once you get within screen range of the ship, you could make the onShipDone start other missions. Such as random cargo missions. Or autoAborting missions with negative pay.

Clever, and fairly workable.

/edit: Ha! Or make it set a bit that generates a cron that runs the same date every month, where the next time you land on any planet after say, the 5th, you lose 1000 credits and get 1 ton of magazines. Or starts a rank with negative pay per day. Guess what it is?

Life insurance!

Hehe... Im gonna go make this now, if you don't mind. Ill credit you.

(ill set it so there is a 50% chance of each of those. Note the cargo wont be junk you can sell, it will be mission cargo without a delivery point. But that totally works, the point is the crap is worthless anyway.)

This post has been edited by NebuchadnezzaR : 27 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

let me think about it.

Neb: If you made it, would you be fine with it going into Arpia2 as a bonus? Maybe when you beat the game, or something.

I could do some graphics. Probably by finishing my ship. I don't know about when I'd do this. Maybe soon.

Uh, sure, no problem. Give me a range of IDs to work with (misn, cron, dude, and bits, possibly a pers, too).

Ok, before we move on, could this be accomplished with only two misn resources?
Because that's all that's left.

So if it can't, then the Arpia team must cancel the project indefinitely. Though it could still be a independent plug.

Insomniac, on Oct 30 2005, 03:18 PM, said:

Neb: If you made it, would you be fine with it going into Arpia2 as a bonus? Maybe when you beat the game, or something.

I could do some graphics. Probably by finishing my ship. I don't know about when I'd do this. Maybe soon.
View Post

Heheh. Put it as the bounty hunter përs (1150) that goes after you when you've dominated at least one spöb.

Qaanol, on Oct 31 2005, 04:51 PM, said:

Put it as the bounty hunter përs (1150) that goes after you when you've dominated at least one spöb.

That would be awesome. 😄

2 Misn left?! Wow! Now I want ARPIA 2

Qaanol, on Oct 31 2005, 08:51 PM, said:

Heheh. Put it as the bounty hunter përs (1150) that goes after you when you've dominated at least one spöb.
View Post

I agree.

I can do something with only 2 misns. But not magic. Do I have a couple of crons to work with atleast?

To neb from Pace
from Pace:
You have mďsn resources 1118 & 1119.
all cröns above 436(included).

Is the player being forced to hail the ship an acceptable method?

Are there any free outfs (yeah right :p)?

Hehe... I think I figured it out. Im pretty sure I can do 3 or even 4 of these things.

Oh, right, and I need a rank, but theres no way those are filled up. Ill just use a random one up top.

ränks above 164 (included) are free, and oütfs above 496 (included) are free.

oh, and also: forcing the player to hail the ship is perfectly ok

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 02 November 2005 - 05:01 PM

Neat. Wow, free outfs? Thats crazy...

anyway. Ill put something together soon.

Ill try as best I can to do it without needing to hail the ship, that was a last resort.

I could also make both the bounty hunter pers version and the other kind. The bounty hunter would need to be hailed, but the other kind would just be 'get within screen range'

NebuchadnezzaR, on Nov 3 2005, 11:42 AM, said:

I could also make both the bounty hunter pers version and the other kind. The bounty hunter would need to be hailed, but the other kind would just be 'get within screen range'
View Post

I think you can't get link missions from the bounty hunter.