One way jumps

I found a different way to make one way jumps, a bit cruder than Nebuchadnezzar's way, but a bit easier.

No matter what, Nova can only draw 16 jumps from one system on the screen at a time. In this screenshot, Helios Alpha has two jumps—one to an unseen system to the right, and one to Mr-004. Mr-004 has 16 jumps to other systems, none of which go back to Helios Alpha.

Attached File Picture_1.pdf (3.08K)
Number of downloads: 39Attached File Picture_2.pdf (2.91K)
Number of downloads: 42

I've tried things to make this a bit more practical (having 16 jumps out of a system is a bit awkward). Having jumps to invisible systems, all to the same system, neither of those work. I assume that linking to a bunch of stack systems would work, but I haven't tested that.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 13 October 2005 - 11:13 AM

Interesting. Is the jump actually not there, or does it just LOOK like its not there?

Which 16 does it chose? Starting with the lowest ID, or starting with the jumps listed explicitly in the Syst rescource of where you are coming from?

Damn... i can see so many insane uses for this if the jump works, but isnt shown. Mindgames.

As for the stacked systems... its pretty clear that nova treats all systems in the same x/y coordinates the same except for outgoing jumps (and the name it shows in the intf as you jump, it is always the lowest ID name). But you know...once you start with the voodoo, you might as well use the classy voodoo.

(Here is the url of my method, for the lazy yet curious types.)

NebuchadnezzaR, on Oct 14 2005, 03:01 PM, said:

Interesting. Is the jump actually not there, or does it just LOOK like its not there?
View Post

Oh, no, sorry, I should have made that more clear. It isn't there at all.

Which 16 does it chose? Starting with the lowest ID, or starting with the jumps listed explicitly in the Syst rescource of where you are coming from?

The jumps listed in the Syst resource. I haven't tried doing something where it has to choose between two one way jumps, I assume it would choose the lower ID'd jump, but it's worth testing. (EDIT: yes, this is the case)

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 14 October 2005 - 03:02 PM