Interactive Combat Training TC

Idea, no plans for production

I already posted this over at EV-Nova.net, and it wasn't short, so I'll quote it:

"Me" said:

This is just an idea. No plans. No plugin. If anyone else likes the idea, feel free to use it.

What my idea is, is an interactive, in game, TC that is all combat training. For each mission, you'd have to get to a certain planet, jump out of the system, get to this system, etc. with different obstacles for each mission.

There would be instructions about how to do different maneuvers and info on close combat in descs along the way. There would be more than one char, one for a story –– sort of –– that you would work your way through, and one that would just be a pick-and-choose kind of thing where you would do certain missions that could be initiated by buying a ship from the shipyard, etc.

For the storyline one, each mission would be available after the next. You would work your way through, earning new ranks after certain amounts of time. The missions would be non-abortable and available through descs directly after completing one (or possibly through the bar or BBS if someone wants to quit).

The other one would be in no particular order. You would start missions by buying different ships or outfits, then selecting the available ones in the BBS. They would be the same missions as the storyline one.

At the completion of either or both, some goal would be rewarded for finishing them. Possibly better rewards for finishing with a better score. Score would be counted by credits, or ranks, or kills, who knows.

Anyway, I really like this idea and I hope someone picks it up and makes it. 🙂

So, does it sound like good idea? It'd be cool to have a TC that's meant to actually be played through, trying to beat the game , not working your way through a story.

This post has been edited by nuku : 09 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

Something like tower defense for warcraft?

Interesting combinations of opponents are crucial in my opinion.
Maybe adding more ships then the stock nova scenario.

We could include Spaceball too ;).