PC Nova Upgrade 1.0.9 (or 8 for that matter)

When is the PC version comming out!

I am not blessed with the power of Mac <_< (well I have a preforma but that doesn't count 😞 ), when is the PC version of the update we so wanted comming out because they didn't bother to give us poor PC users a 1.0.8 :mad: . I'm just asking so don't give me a hard time unless I've been REALLY ignorent. 😉

We're all really ignorant. No one knows when it's coming out any better than you do. Be patient.

It will come out when it comes out.

However, the next update for Windows will be 1.0.9, and last I heard, it will likely be syncronized with the Mac 1.0.9 release.
As for timing, pipeline recently made a post in the Progress Logs Thread saying "You'll have to continue to be patient. We're continuing testing on the new release."

Edwards

Actually, that Performa would run Nova. You need 64 megs of RAM to run it (I did) and some options turned off, but it would work.

The Apple Cřre, on Aug 20 2005, 07:06 AM, said:

Actually, that Performa would run Nova. You need 64 megs of RAM to run it (I did) and some options turned off, but it would work.
View Post

??

You don't know it can. Some Performa's aren't anywhere near capable of handling Nova, even with required RAM and all settings turned off. Maybe some of the newer ones can, I don't know.

Edwards, on Aug 19 2005, 08:46 PM, said:

<stuff I'm expanding on>View Post

They are indeed synching things with the Mac version of 1.0.9, so that both versions will again be equal. Work is progressing, as always. Also, as always, patience is a virtue. 😄

Edwards, on Aug 19 2005, 08:46 PM, said:

It will come out when it comes out.

However, the next update for Windows will be 1.0.9, and last I heard, it will likely be syncronized with the Mac 1.0.9 release.
As for timing, pipeline recently made a post in the Progress Logs Thread saying "You'll have to continue to be patient. We're continuing testing on the new release."

Edwards
View Post

I figured it would eventually, but I was wondering if I just missed it, or if it was canciled. Thanks Ed. :laugh:

Steelix, on Aug 20 2005, 08:00 AM, said:

You don't know it can. Some Performa's aren't anywhere near capable of handling Nova, even with required RAM and all settings turned off. Maybe some of the newer ones can, I don't know.
View Post

EVNova on my Preforma!? I used EVO on it, but not EVN, it doesn't even support E-mail, relics like my Preforma and LC are almost useless. When you said "newer Preformas" you meant newer older ones, right?

'Performa' is a model family, not a specific computer; there's a wide range of Performas, some with 68K processors, some with PowerPC, some with built-in monitors, some without, and so on. Certainly there are Performas that could run EV Nova quite reasonably, though I have no way of knowing whether yours is one of them or not.

I myself own a Performa 5200CD. Built-in monitor, PowerPC chip, runs OS 9.1. It's only 75mHz though so no hope of running Nova on it successfully.

I run Nova quite easily on the lowest available model of G3 (G3 233mHz Beige Desktop) so some lower computers than the required performance (G3 or better, according to Ambrosia) must be able to run it with some features turned off.