Contribute/Require Help needed

Require an outfit for Weapon to be used

So I was making this fairly obvious cheat: Thunderhead lances on a Mod Starbridge. I probably could upload it stating it as a cheat (unless someone beat me to it)
But it would have a sort of Cheat Stigma attached to it, so I thought, what if you needed a Sigma upgrade for it to work. It seemed like a good idea until I tried to make it work.

There's a bit to give you an item, and there's a bit to take an item away, but there's no bit to check if you have another outfit.

It looks like I have to play with Contribute/Require settings. But many Outfits don't use them (including the Sigma outfits)

1. I need a good explanation of how the Contribute Require fields work. I have been playing with Resedit almost since I got this game and I STILL don't understand them.

2. If C/R is what I need to use, would I have to edit the Sigma upgrade?

Vast Deathmaster, on Aug 18 2005, 09:26 PM, said:

There's a bit to give you an item, and there's a bit to take an item away, but there's no bit to check if you have another outfit.View Post

Actually, there is:

Oxxx   Returns 1 if the player has at least one of outfit item ID xxx, 0 if not

However, you're right in that there really should be a good clear guide to Contribute/Require bits. I've been working on one on and off for a few weeks, so I might as well polish it up and post it today.

Edwards

Actually, have a look at the way the licenses and licensed outfits work.

And there's another topic floating around that deals with this.