Problems with message bouy in a plug.

Bah.

So, I can't get my message bouy to work. I have the ID's set to 1000. What can I possibly be doing wrong?

Also, I'm trying to overhaul a ship in the plug (A Leviathan if it matters) but it wont work. I copied the leviathans original files and tweaked them (Made it hardcore >>) but I can't get it to show up. ;;

Che, on Aug 7 2005, 10:35 AM, said:

So, I can't get my message bouy to work. I have the ID's set to 1000. What can I possibly be doing wrong?

Also, I'm trying to overhaul a ship in the plug (A Leviathan if it matters) but it wont work. I copied the leviathans original files and tweaked them (Made it hardcore >>) but I can't get it to show up. ;;
View Post

1. I would copy the Message Buoy resource in the data files. Then I would add one. You must use in the syst resource the number of which you've added, not the number of the Message Buoy, but I'm not sure.

2. I think if you change something which was there before you started the pilot you must do a new one to see the new Leviathans.

Freq, no. You dont need to start a new pilot. Thats only for Pers.

Check the following fields:
Random Avail; Randomness of the availability of said ship.
Avail bits; These have to be set/cleared (bxxx set !bxxx cleared) In order for the ship to be able to be shown.
Tech Level; Try setting this to 0

Eegras Studios, on Aug 7 2005, 10:11 AM, said:

Freq, no. You dont need to start a new pilot. Thats only for Pers.

Check the following fields:
Random Avail; Randomness of the availability of said ship.
Avail bits; These have to be set/cleared (bxxx set !bxxx cleared) In order for the ship to be able to be shown.
Tech Level; Try setting this to 0
View Post

I don't see those fields, I'm using EV New if that matters.

Posted Image

Will this help?

Availiablility should be blank, and one of the contributes should be 1 (so you can buy outfits with it. Open any non vel os ship to see what im talking about).

Other than that, it looks right.

It still doesn't work. Can you tell me, or link me to a list of all the nescessary parts to put a new ship together?

Also, any ideas on how to change what a planet looks like?

Having two earths in one system right beside sol looks... lame.

_>

Thanks.

Welcome to the boards Che. 🙂
If you haven't already done so, check out the topics pinned to the top of this board and be sure to note the location of the Search feature. Also, in case you don't know, you can find the EVN Bible in your Documentation folder. Make sure you read this thoroughly before attempting to make plugs and always refer to it as you go.
Near the start of the bible it will tell you that there's a max of 768 ship classes, which means ship IDs can't be higher than 896. In the spob section it will tell you that the Type field indicates which graphic the spob should use.

Hope this helps 🙂

Yeah, thanks, it helps alot. I tried searching but the boards were very very slow. I appreciate the help I've had very much.