ARRR I need help mateys!

Creating windows plugins for EV:Nova

I'm starting to get really frustrated with how hard it is to mod something for the Windows version of EVN.

I download the editor... but apparently I need to convert it. So I download the converter and convert the editor... But I don't get any .exe programs that I can run.
(In particular I downloaded ResEdit. The converter is Stuffit Standard.)

All I really want to do though is change the cargo capacity of the Mod Starbridge E from 3 tons, to 30 tons. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me!

I'd really like it if you guys could:

A.) Just create a .rez plugin that does what I want. **(Change cargo capacity of the Mod Starbridge E to 30 tons.) **
- or -
B.) Show me where to download a windows version of an EV:Nova editor, as well as a guideline showing me how to create a plugin myself so that if I want to change something in the future I won't need to pester you guys.

This post has been edited by Slithzerikai : 26 July 2005 - 05:30 AM

Update:

Okay, A few mere minutes after I post, I discover the exact kind of editor I was looking for. That's a big improvement, however I still need help changing the Mod Starbridge E's cargo space to 30.

Right now I'm using the EVNEW editor, and it's quite wonderful being that it's made for windows. Thing is - I don't know how to edit the existing ship file for the Starbridge. I can create an entirely new ship... but that's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

Anyways, I really, desperately, need someone's help. _Turns out I didn't - go figure.:p _

Edit: The links are certainly helping, but it would save me some time if someone on the boards could explain step by step exactly what to do with EVNEW. I know it's asking a lot, especially for being relatively new here, but I'd enjoy it greatly if someone helped me out.

This post has been edited by Slithzerikai : 26 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

Look in the All the Important links you'll ever need topic (pinned at the top of this forum) for a download link for EVNEW- Escape Velocity Nova Editor Windows.

Also, read the FAQs posted in a similar method.

Welocome to the boards 🙂

Woohoo!! Awesome, after playing around with the EVNEW editor I finally figured it out.

I'd like to thank rmx256 for pointing out the links to me, (I'm such a dunce, that's the first thing I should've tried!) as well as mrxak for making such a wonderful list of links for me to travel through. Then I'd like to thank all the people who supported me through these troubling times - friends, family, you know who you are. And finally I'd like to thank the guys at Ambrosia for making such a kickass game for the mac, and then porting it to the PC.

Edit: Woah! I just realized it took me exactly one hour to go from being frustrated about creating a plugin for EVN, to actually figuring out how to make one from scratch. Boy isn't that cool.

This post has been edited by Slithzerikai : 26 July 2005 - 06:31 AM

Slithzerikai, on Jul 26 2005, 11:29 AM, said:

Edit: Woah! I just realized it took me exactly one hour to go from being frustrated about creating a plugin for EVN, to actually figuring out how to make one from scratch. Boy isn't that cool.
View Post

Yup, you can do a lot when you actually put your mind to it 🙂
If only everyone who came here did the same thing...