how do i create a plugg in

how do i creat a plug-in

iv been wondering for a while and iv eaven got som guids to help but none of them say HOW to ceate 1

Hudson, on Jul 16 2005, 09:14 AM, said:

http://www.ambrosias...hp?showforum=21
View Post

In other words, this question would be more appropriate on the EV Developer's Corner forum.

I'll move it over there.

krabcat, on Jul 16 2005, 06:44 AM, said:

iv been wondering for a while and iv eaven got som guids to help but none of them say HOW to ceate 1View Post

Step 1: Download an editor:
If you're on a Mac, you have three choices:
ResEdit with NovaTools (1.0.1). Free, can edit every resource, including all non-Nova specific ones. This is what ATMOS used to create Nova. The only down-sides are that it needs to be run in Classic, and it takes a bit of work to set up. Does not have a graphical galaxy map editor.
MissionComputer. Free, can edit every resource, although only about half of them have good graphical editors. Has nice galaxy map and system editors.
EVONE. Shareware, costs $10. It can edit all resources, but its editor windows are poorly laid out. Also, as far as I can tell, you cannot paste resources into EVONE. Its galaxy map and system editors are very good, though.

If you're using Windows, the only editor is EVNEW. It's free, and can edit any Nova resource. It is roughly equivalent to ResEdit, only not quite as well laid-out and it can't edit most non-Nova resources.

Step 2: Launch the editor, and create a new plug (This is done automatically in every editor except ResEdit, where you need to select "new" from the File menu).

Step 3: Either create a new resource and play around, copy a resource from the data files and fiddle with it, or follow a tutorial. Some good tutorials, along with detailed guides to several resources, can be found here.

Step 4: When you want to test your plug, save it, put it in the plug-ins folder in your Nova folder, and run the game.

--------------------

Step 5: Get your "e" key fixed. 🙂
Basically, you're more likely to be treated respectfully if you at least look like you're trying to use standard spelling and grammar. But anyway, welcome to the boards.

Edwards