Hyperjump Help

I was making a plugin for EVN that would connect the sol sys with the S7evyn system by using the hyperlink thing in EVNEW. however, when i launched up nova with the plug in the appropriate folder, ther e was no link. What did i do worng???
--help--

Not real familiar with EVNew, as I'm a Mac addict, but the first thing that comes to mind is this: Make sure that in creating the link, you linked it from both systems. In other words, the syst resource for S7evyn has to have a link to Sol, and the Sol resource has to have the link to S7evyn.

Also, make sure that the resource ID for the Sol system is the correct one. In some strings, the Sol system changes in the course of the storyline. This is accomplished by changing the syst resource ID's. make sure that the link you're trying to achieve is connected to the sol ID that you're currently using.

My copy of the data files show syst ID's 130 and 531 as being Sol.

Flyboy, on Jul 15 2005, 08:24 AM, said:

Not real familiar with EVNew, as I'm a Mac addict, but the first thing that comes to mind is this: Make sure that in creating the link, you linked it from both systems. In other words, the syst resource for S7evyn has to have a link to Sol, and the Sol resource has to have the link to S7evyn.

Also, make sure that the resource ID for the Sol system is the correct one. In some strings, the Sol system changes in the course of the storyline. This is accomplished by changing the syst resource ID's. make sure that the link you're trying to achieve is connected to the sol ID that you're currently using.

My copy of the data files show syst ID's 130 and 531 as being Sol.
View Post

Yeah, the fact that Kania's 128 just doesn't seem right. I would assume that the 128 spöb would be in the 128 s˙st.

Redundant linking is ... redundant. Itl just put a little warning in the debuglog, but it will still work both directions.

Might i reccoment that you use a system other than sol, as it is mutable? Or just link S7~ to sol without worrying about anything else. I dont feel like checking right now, but does S7~ have mutable visibility? I dont see why it would, but theres a chance that it doesnt exists before it should.

Another method that crossed my mind is to link the wormholes in the two systems. The wormhole in Sol leading to S7, and vice versa. This has the added advantage of being discreet, and not drawing lines across your galaxy map.

Edit:spelling

This post has been edited by Flyboy : 15 July 2005 - 11:24 PM

NebuchadnezzaR, on Jul 15 2005, 08:03 PM, said:

Redundant linking is ... redundant. Itl just put a little warning in the debuglog, but it will still work both directions.

Might i reccoment that you use a system other than sol, as it is mutable? Or just link S7~ to sol without worrying about anything else. I dont feel like checking right now, but does S7~ have mutable visibility? I dont see why it would, but theres a chance that it doesnt exists before it should.
View Post

Yeah, I think it does. If I remember correctly, it needs b9995.

Yeah, S7evyn will never show up until you complete a string.

The only problem with using the wormhole is that after the Polaris string and possibly others, it disappears. Don't know why.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Jul 15 2005, 10:03 PM, said:

Redundant linking is ... redundant. Itl just put a little warning in the debuglog, but it will still work both directions.View Post

Have you forgotten the threads a while back about when redundant linking is neccesary? If he's trying to link to Sol (which is a stacked system), he may be running into those circumstances.

However, it's also quite likely that S7evyn isn't visible. To make it visible, just clear the Visibility field in S7evyn's syst resource.

And Flyboy, I like your idea. (cooldude: the Sol Wormhole is spob #465, and the S7evyn wormhole is spob #514. The Nova Bible will tell you how to link them up.)

Edwards