EVolution: The Paradise Beyond

A continuation of the Kontik probe misns

I'm hoping to not make this a TC. I'm already working on one and have other stuff to do. But from the title, you should get the gist of what this is about. I've also attached a trailer of what I've done so far. Mostly, it's landing pics with some special effects from iMovie, but it's better than nothing. I was thinking of it as being an intro movie for new pilots.

Anyway, the I need some input on how I should do this. First, I have two choices:

1. Connect this with the other storylines.
  2. Don't connect it and make the other storylines unavailable.

To me, that's pretty obvious, but if someone wants to do the writing for all that :huh: , then sure.

If option two, then it's going to start out somewhat like this: It's been three years since you set the probe up. Jerry O'Donnell contacts you and the two of you plan to meet up with the rest of the crew on Earth in a week.

You get to the Kontik system, and set up your equipment. It gets readings from the probe that indicate a system to the far Galactic East. Then, one of the crew suggests that it couldn't hurt to go to the system yourselves. He mentions that they did find it themselves. Why should they notify anybody? One quick look couldn't hurt

(something bad happens that prevents them from getting back)

Like it? Now, anyone willing to help? I need lots of writing and graphics (excluding landing pics, but sure, help with those too if you want). It'd be possible to do this on my own, but I'd have to get a three-button mouse. A lot of the graphics, in my mind, would be newer versions of regular Nova ships. Like the Mod Firebird, Starbridge Class F, etc.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by nuku : 11 July 2005 - 07:52 AM

Sure I'll help. I can do some writing and all, and I'm not exactly sure how to modify existing ship graphics, but I could make brand new ship (actually, I can model and texture them, but I stsill need to learn how to actually get them into the game.). I've always wanted to do a plug which extended those missions.

I can do landing pics.

Okay, good. I'll set up some forums.

Eegras Studios said:

I can do landing pics.

Well, landing pics are the least of my worries. I'm good with Terragen, but I might need some help (It's the rendering part. I might send you a few files to render if I don't have time.).

Okay, forums set up: http://evo.17.freebb.com/

I think that this is the best idea that I've heard ever for the whole Kontik issue. Keep it a plug- a small one at best. I'd reccomend lots of new stuff to explore, a handful of new planets etc and half a dozen new outfits or something- quick and dirty as mrxax has recently suggested.. Exploration is the best part of EV 🙂

I'm up for doing some writing, or proof reading, if you wish. Just PM me if you need me.

pp0u20e8, on Jul 11 2005, 04:38 PM, said:

I'm up for doing some writing, or proof reading, if you wish. Just PM me if you need me.
View Post

If you or anyone else wants to do writing, or anything else for that matter, just head to the forums. It'll be easier for all developers to talk to eachother, not just to me.

Is anyone capable of making animations of battles and other flying stuff?

nuku, on Jul 11 2005, 06:55 AM, said:

If option two, then it's going to start out somewhat like this: It's been three years since you set the probe up. Jerry O'Donnell contacts you and the two of you plan to meet up with the rest of the crew on Earth in a week.

You get to the Kontik system, and set up your equipment. It gets readings from the probe that indicate a system to the far Galactic East. Then, one of the crew suggests that it couldn't hurt to go to the system yourselves. He mentions that they did find it themselves. Why should they notify anybody? One quick look couldn't hurt

(something bad happens that prevents them from getting back)
View Post

If you wanted to make the plug-in big enough you could have the player go with, and be trapped. Then they would need to complete a string of missions to get back. perhaps you would need to find and obtain help from a new race. Following return home you could establish diplomatic relations, or be caught in the middle of the first war between unrelated species, the Vell-os were cousins.
Or if you wanted to cut it short you could be sent back home, and not know how to rediscover the new race, left with much wonder about their power and wondering what will happen in the future, especially since no one believes your story. Your missing ships would indicate more of an insurance scam than being transported over great distances by aliens.
The rediscovery could be a second plug-in.