Mining Luxury goods

Weird idea... can it be done?

Is it possible to change the commodity that is mined from asteroids? 2/3 of them are jünks, but one is a normal commodity. Could you make it possible to mine Luxury goods instead of metal or water (or opals, but the idea was to increse profit, and opals sell for more than lux goods)?

You could rename metal, (I think), or DEFINITLY water (water being a jünk), but is it possible to make the asteroids actually contain luxury goods or another commodity that is not in there already?

FedKiller, on Jul 7 2005, 07:15 PM, said:

Is it possible to change the commodity that is mined from asteroids? 2/3 of them are jünks, but one is a normal commodity. Could you make it possible to mine Luxury goods instead of metal or water (or opals, but the idea was to increse profit, and opals sell for more than lux goods)?

You could rename metal, (I think), or DEFINITLY water (water being a jünk), but is it possible to make the asteroids actually contain luxury goods or another commodity that is not in there already?View Post

From the Bible's roid section:

YieldType    Defines what the resource-boxes which are ejected from this
               asteroid type will contain:
               0-5         This type of standard cargo
               1000-1127   This type of jünk resource

So, yes, you can change the output of an asteroid. You can even change the basic "dust" asteroids to spit out luxury goods, if you wanted to. If you really wanted to make things exciting, you could make different sizes of an asteroid type have different commodities, although the tiny chunks you pick up would look the same.

Edwards

Sure is -- it's in the "röid" resource. You could get the damned things to spit out guiness barrels if you so desired. 🙂

VERY COOL. Making plug....

How does it chose what graphic for rescource boxes it spits out? The first four shoot out the first kind etc? The bible seems to assume you are leaving large metal large metal, etc.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Jul 7 2005, 11:44 PM, said:

How does it chose what graphic for rescource boxes it spits out? The first four shoot out the first kind etc?View Post

I just tested that, and yes, it is correct. As a side note, it is rather fun to watch asteroids explode for no apparent reason, and turn into little clusters of spinning fighters and blaster shots. 😄

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 08 July 2005 - 01:41 AM

Well, my plug worked, after getting over the following problem:
It asks for a number between 1000 and 1127. I thought that you just added a 1 to the beginning of the RID of the jünk, but the jünk resourses are 128 and up... I finally figured out that the tenth jünk would be 1009. Also, it was confusing that the tenth was 10 09 , not 10 10. Obviously 1000 is a valid number, but it took a bit of trial and error before I got the 1009 thingy- and that is after I figured out that bio-weapons were not 1138... Oh well, it worked. I am making millions mining in Codehaven and am very happy now.

Ah, space rocks; The finest luxury good in the galaxy :).

Amusing, but quite possible, as others have explained.

Still, I suppose those who can afford to have somebody retrieve the rocks for them would find them to be quite valuable.

Yes, you could selll space dust, which has a rare explosive mineral in it, to the scientists on Codec... It would be more expensive than bio-weapons because it only takes a little bit of this explosive to make a large bomb...