Negative Recoil

on Backwards Firing Beams

Well, I recently wanted to make a beam weapon which shot out the back of your ship, and rocketed you forward. But for soem reason, negatvie recoil (of any amount) wouldn't work. But as soon as I gave it positive, it did work (except I was flying backwards. It actually made it look quite funny 'cause it looked like I was being sucked towards the ship.) Anyways, why is it that negative coil doesn't work? And is there any way to get it to work?

Septcanmat, on Jul 11 2005, 05:14 PM, said:

Well, I recently wanted to make a beam weapon which shot out the back of your ship, and rocketed you forward. But for soem reason, negatvie recoil (of any amount) wouldn't work. But as soon as I gave it positive, it did work (except I was flying backwards. It actually made it look quite funny 'cause it looked like I was being sucked towards the ship.) Anyways, why is it that negative coil doesn't work? And is there any way to get it to work?View Post

1. I have no idea why negative recoil doesn't work for the player's ship. This bug has apparently been submitted to the beta list.
  2. It works perfectly when the weapon is used by the AI.
  3. Beams with negative length have an odd feature- when there is something directly in front of your ship, they flick forward and hit it.

Edwards

Edwards, on Jul 11 2005, 11:52 PM, said:

1. I have no idea why negative recoil doesn't work for the player's ship. This bug has apparently been submitted to the beta list.
  2. It works perfectly when the weapon is used by the AI.
  3. Beams with negative length have an odd feature- when there is something directly in front of your ship, they flick forward and hit it.

Edwards
View Post

Well that doesnt help. 😞

This post has been edited by Septcanmat : 11 July 2005 - 07:22 PM