RNE Plug-In

RNE(Rise of a New Empire) just adds a new major government. It's gonna be big though. Many new planets, many new ships, outfits, systems, and more. It also will have a new storyline. Anyone who wants to help is welcome. Just say what your good at and what you want to do. We'll see what you've got. Skills that are wanted now are writing and storyboard skills. This thing is going to have a massive storyline, so we need as much help on that as we can get. We need some help on graphics too.

Currently working on the plug-in is me and poofy107.

Site almost done, forum HERE.

This post has been edited by Slayer LP-5 : 23 April 2005 - 01:15 PM

Sounds familiar...

Chances are you'll recieve a better response when you have something to show. Many times are topics posted like this and very frequently they fizzle out- this makes people wary to join, especially at the beginning of them. If you were to ask this when you were further along you'd lkely receive more response.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 23 April 2005 - 09:34 AM

It's not like it was JUST started. There's actually an OK amount done.

To be more precise on what is done. There are several graphics done: Several ship test graphics, some planets and a couple of outfits. Also a few stats on ships, systems and planets. I've also completed a few missions. Some new sounds. There is a story outline being worked on.

EDIT: I took out the link on the website. A new one will be posted when the new site is up.

This post has been edited by poofy107 : 13 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

How much do you plan to make on the storyline. I've been looking into a project and would be willing to help write on this. One of my specialtys is writeing. I can do much (not all and ify on some) of the plug options, but never put them all to use. So can I help?

You sure can.

EDIT: What was here is no longer needed here.

This post has been edited by poofy107 : 23 April 2005 - 03:47 PM

Sylvanus, on Apr 23 2005, 09:05 PM, said:

One of my specialtys is writeing.
View Post

Are you sure?

Okay dude that was mean. Anyways, it's not like noone is going to proofread them.

Okay Sylvanus, you can help. Go to our forums and post there.

This post has been edited by Slayer LP-5 : 23 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 23 2005, 09:27 PM, said:

Okay dude that was mean. Anyways, it's not like noone is going to proofread them.
View Post

That may be so, but how can someone's speciality be writing, when they haven't grasped the basic rules of English?

You learn in primary school that when a word ends in y, the plural of it generally replaces the y with ies.

You also learn in primary school that generally, words that end in an e, and are written in the present tense, have their e replaced by ing.

crap

This post has been edited by pp0u20e8 : 23 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

Because that's grammar. This is just writing. Anyways, that was probably an accident.

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 23 2005, 10:05 PM, said:

Because that's grammar. This is just writing.
View Post

Just writing? It is a far more complex process to create good writing than to use correct grammar. It is the writing that makes a plug. The ships, outfits and planets could be amazing, no one will even notice them if the

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 23 2005, 10:05 PM, said:

Anyways, that was probably an accident.
View Post

You mean he didn't intentionally do it wrong?

And I assume you don't mean it was a typing error, as making two typing errors in three words, both of which are also grammatical errors, is pretty impressive in itself.

Sylvanus, on Apr 23 2005, 03:05 PM, said:

How much do you plan to make on the storyline. I've been looking into a project and would be willing to help write on this. One of my specialtys is writeing. I can do much (not all and ify on some) of the plug options, but never put them all to use. So can I help?
View Post

Well, it's going to be a lot. Much bigger than any of the default game strings. Like i said before: Massive.

I don't believe that this topic was created to dispute some spelling and grammatical errors.. Uh.. Nope, it wasn't.

Wow, you guys have all of a sudden made me really enthusiastic about this 😛

Read the KRF topic that was closed- you guys need a more professional face to show the dev community. This certainly is not it.

rmx256, I will have to agree and I hope most people start doing so...

Being that these are public boards, I do agree that a certain amount of professional critisim is expected between people that disagree. But one major rule of thumb I think needs to be mentioned...

IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT SOMEONE, DON'T SAY IT IN PUBLIC.

Young developers come to these boards asking for help, I think they deserve the same amount of respect as you would if you came asking for help too.

To those that love playing the original EV like I do, I will also add this insight. There were a bunch of grammar errors in the original version and no one ever said nothing demeaning about it. Heh, the things that make you go "hrm"... (and if you really want an example, there are a few mission descriptions in which the word governor is spelled with an "er" at the end).

Ok enough said, bottom line, play nice! 🙂

ProfessorADN, on Apr 24 2005, 12:05 AM, said:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT SOMEONE, DON'T SAY IT IN PUBLIC.
View Post

This isn't sunday school, mate. And I wasn't saying something 'not nice', I was merely pointing out appalling grammar.

Young developers come to these boards asking for help, I think they deserve the same amount of respect as you would if you came asking for help too.
View Post

Indeed they do.

To those that love playing the original EV like I do, I will also add this insight. There were a bunch of grammar errors in the original version and no one ever said nothing demeaning about it. Heh, the things that make you go "hrm"... (and if you really want an example, there are a few mission descriptions in which the word governor is spelled with an "er" at the end).
View Post

There's a big difference between a whole game being made with 3 or 4 grammatical errors in it, and a two line post being made with two grammatical errors in it. Especially when they are both in a 6 word sentence proclaiming his writing ability.

Ok enough said, bottom line, play nice! 🙂
View Post

Kindly refrain from making authoritarian comments until you've actually been here for a while.

Now it's my turn: This topic is RNE Plug-in, not grammar. If you want to talk about grammar, do it somewhere else, please.

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 24 2005, 12:38 AM, said:

Now it's my turn: This topic is RNE Plug-in, not grammar. If you want to talk about grammar, do it somewhere else, please.
View Post

Fair enough. That comment I'll accept gracefully.

Au revoir.

Frankly, things don't seem to fit very well into the Nova universe. The Polaris would never create a weapon as deadly as the one that you're describing, and the whole stuff about the Polaris and the Aurorans allying against the Federation seems a bit unrealistic. Take a look at the Auroran storyline - you had to do so much to get the Polaris to be willing to ally with you, not just send an ambassador in and expect them to join you.