Sub munitions question

I had an idea for a missile that is really weak but would split into five wich each slit into five, to make a total of 25 really weak missiles. Is this possible to do with sub munitions?

All comments are welcome,
Bird of War

yes. Use a sublimit of 2 with submunitions of 5. Unless you want the 25 to have a longer range than the first two stages, in which case you need three seperate weapons, the first splits into the second splits to the third. Look at the polaron multi torp.

I've looked at the polaron multi torp. and I get what I have to do, but I'm confused on how to get the sub munitions to set off.

Bird of War

There are some checkboxes that determine when they do. YOu probably want 'detonate at end of lifespan' and 'submunits at end of lifespan'. Ill look the exact wording up, what editor are you on?

I'm using mission computer on mac osx

setting subcount and subtheta should be plenty enough to get them to fire off. Just have weap 128 fire off 5 of 129, which fires off five of 130. For example. Im not entirely sure what the problem is, Either upload a copy or tell me exactly what happens. Can you get one missile to fire?

I can get a missile to fire, but the sub munitions don't go off untill the missile hits, they then circle the ship.

/neb hijacking this account

Set the lifespan to much shorter than it is, and add a proximity fuse. That way it will automatically live only to a certain distance, or until it is within range of the other ship.

Remember, lifespan and speed and such are in really odd units. Refer to the bibbel for more detail.

This post has been edited by byteme : 20 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

Ok,this is weird. I decided to open the weap. resource in rezedit with nova tools, and the update, but all I got was binary giberish. :huh:

please help me,
Bird of War

Bird of War, on May 20 2005, 09:04 PM, said:

Ok,this is weird. I decided to open the weap. resource in rezedit with nova tools, and the update, but all I got was binary giberish. :huh:

please help me,
Bird of WarView Post

Delete your ResEdit Preferences file, run and quit ResEdit, and reinstall NovaTools, following the instructions to the letter.

Edwards

When working in Resedit (my preferred editor) you will only get binary "gibberish" unless you add a template (templ) resource that changes the information into Resedit's format.

I believe this Templ resource can be found in the Nova Tools folder. If not, you can download a copy of "TutorialsInS" from the guides section of the add-ons page. It contains a plug called "new plug" that contains a copy of the Templ. Then it's a simple copy/paste operation.

I've added a link to the TutorialsInS guide. I found it very helpful in learning to use resedit.

Hope this helps!

Flyboy, on May 21 2005, 07:14 AM, said:

When working in Resedit (my preferred editor) you will only get binary "gibberish" unless you add a template (templ) resource that changes the information into Resedit's format.

I believe this Templ resource can be found in the Nova Tools folder. If not, you can download a copy of "TutorialsInS" from the guides section of the add-ons page. It contains a plug called "new plug" that contains a copy of the Templ. Then it's a simple copy/paste operation.

I've added a link to the TutorialsInS guide. I found it very helpful in learning to use resedit.

Hope this helps!
View Post

Let's just clarify this a bit. If you open a resource in ResEdit that it doesn't have an editor or template for the data will be presented as hex and ASCII. TMPL resources are templates for other resource types which allows the data to be organised into fields. While there are templates available for Nova's unique resources they can be difficult to use and have been made obsolete by NovaTools. NovaTools is a set of graphical resource editors and do not require the presence of TMPLs in order to function.

O...k,I'll see wat I can do.

Thanks for the replies,
Bird of War

O...k,I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the replies so far,
Bird of War