Got a question!

IDs and general questioning

Hey, this question may seem quite dumb, but bear in mind that the last plug-in development tool I used was Smelta Five, hehehe...

I'm a complete beginner to EVN plugs, and I just want to start off simple, create a pers, a dude, a govt and maybe work my way up to a syst with spobs.

But for now, could somebody please tell me how I get pers or a dude to use a ship that already exists within Nova? And where can I get a list of the IDs for these ships?

Same question again, but for existing Govts as well.

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it very much! If it aids any, I'm using EVNEW, just tinkering about with it to see what I get. Think I've got the hang of Govts, hehehe...

Ta muchly!

Mao x

This might help you, though I must admit that I've nut used it. It seems to contain the information that you need to work on the stock Nova scenereo. 🙂
Welcome to Nova! Don't let anyone fool you- ResEdit (with NovaTools) is still tops when it comes to development work 😉

Thanks, that helped a lot! I'll get stuck right in, hopefully I'll have my first plug soon, hehehe...

Cheers!

Mao x

You could also open another plug and open the Nova Data Files, and find the resources there. Welcome to the boards!

ditto. for EVNEW, just open up the nova data files and open nova data 1.rez (the first one). That contains the char, govt, junk, misn, and ships resources. Hope to see your first plug soon, or whenever you get around to it.

Don't let anyone fool you- ResEdit (with NovaTools) is still tops when it comes to development work

Not if you can't understand binary code like me. I tried Resedit with NovaTools on my mac once, I didn't get it. Now MissionComputer is a whole different story. Too bad it can't edit all the files......

Or run properly...

If MC and EVONE worked right ResEdit would of gone out a long time ago. They do nothing but break stuff for me.