A question of tribute and spöb visibility

Me? To lazy to check for myself? Never!

Simple question, really. After you have beaten a space object into submission and are receiving regular tribute therefrom, if circumstances change in such a way that the spöb in question no longer exists, do you still get the tribute money?

Actually, I guess it's not so simple of a question, as there are several cases to consider, and I would like answers for each of them:

Case 1. One s˙st is replaced by another with a different spöb. In the stock Nova scenario, this is like Earth (130) being replaced by Earth (426). So... if you beat the first Earth and are getting 10k/day, then you proceed to a point in the game where Sol changes, do you keep getting tribute? And if you beat the new planet, do you get both tributes?

Case 2. A spöb is destroyed, as by a planet-type weapon.

Case 3. Um... any other case I haven't covered.

#2: Obviously not. Ask yourself this simple question: Where would the money come from?
#3: No
#1:More than likely not, because you got tribute from stellar 130, not 426.

Qaanol, on May 5 2005, 03:49 PM, said:

Case 1. One s˙st is replaced by another with a different spöb. In the stock Nova scenario, this is like Earth (130) being replaced by Earth (426). So... if you beat the first Earth and are getting 10k/day, then you proceed to a point in the game where Sol changes, do you keep getting tribute? And if you beat the new planet, do you get both tributes?View Post

When you dominate a planet, and the system it is in ceases to be visible, all tribute from that planet stops. However, if the system becomes visible again, your tribute from the original planet resumes. If you dominated any replacement planets, their tribute stops (until they become visible).

Qaanol, on May 5 2005, 03:49 PM, said:

Case 2. A spöb is destroyed, as by a planet-type weapon.View Post

When a dominated planet is destroyed, the dominator keeps recieving full tribute.

Odd. I would have expected it to be the other way around.

And for zapp: Please try not to sound too authoritative if you have not actually tested what you are talking about, or can quote someone who has. Applying real-world logic to the game engine generally does not work. You were lucky in this case, as you got one out of two correct.

Edwards- Not too lazy to test strange things.

This post has been edited by Edwards : 05 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

When a dominated planet is destroyed, the dominator keeps recieving full tribute.

Odd. I would have expected it to be the other way around.

And for zapp: Please try not to sound too authoritative if you have not actually tested what you are talking about, or can quote someone who has. Applying real-world logic to the game engine generally does not work. You were lucky in this case, as you got one out of two correct.

Edwards- Not too lazy to test strange things.

OK, I will try not to. And why you keep getting tribute is apparent to me now: You got tribute from spob 130, and while it is destroyed, it still exists. And Edwards? How do you get to be so smart and stuff? You're like Double-D in Ed, Edd n' Eddy....

I think he's already answered that: "Not too lazy to test strange things."
I guess people think that as long as someone's around to test strange things for them then they don't have to do it themselves.

This post has been edited by Guy : 06 May 2005 - 05:46 AM

Guy, on May 6 2005, 11:45 AM, said:

I guess people think that as long as someone's around to test strange things for them then they don't have to do it themselves.
View Post

😄 Good point. You'll always find someone who's willing to do some testing. But that's also a great thing: if you're on your own, you might not see everything. So asking someone else means that someone else will be able to make your idea better (usually).

Teamwork!