Has anyone done this.

fans of Gene Roddenberry(SP?)

Has anyone done a plug on Gene Roddenberry's Andromedia. I think it would be a nice one to make, even if the ships were the only reason. Well has anyone done this. ๐Ÿ˜„ I know it hasnt been completed, but has anyone started. As far as I know (about five feet) none have.

I don't think that's been done.

Probably because the show stopped being good several years ago.

Still, it would make an interesting premise for a plug.....

I based one of my plugs off an old TV series, Battlestar Galactica, which was recently turned into a series on sci-fi! yeah! ๐Ÿ˜„ It would be cool if there was a plug for a show called Firefly, though it wasn't popular because it only lasted eleven shows.... I got them all +3 on DVD. ๐Ÿ˜„

Awesome! That's one of my favorite TV shows!

You have to say it's got some protential. They do have some cool ships, the plot could be fixed to run along a seperate storyline as it did have a nice twist, the storyline could be before or during the fall of the Commenwelth, Hunt could be made so he didnt sleep with every woman he meets. I'm might give it a try. What is Firefly anyway, I've never seen it.

:blink: :huh: :wacko: :blink: ๐Ÿ˜› You're joking, right? Middle-of-April-Fool's Joke? It isn't funny. You're saying you've never heard of one of the best shows ever! Tell me you've heard of Battlestar Galactica, if you don't I might do something I'll regret....

man i woud love an Andromeda mod. I would do it myself, except i don't have the modeling or texturing expertise to create a ship that cool-looking.

so, i got a Q. those who have seen the show know that at full combat alert, the Andromeda extrends these sick-lookin' weapon arms from her main structure, would this be possible with nova? i know that the argosy extends that hyperdrive pod when it hypers, but i don't know if that can be applied to other circumstances.

the asteroid miner unfolds to shoot. just make unfolding sprites for weapons, then check the unfolds to fire flag in the weap ( i think )

is there any way to make the unfold togglable?

When you're shooting, but it's like the Argosy. It only unfolds when hypering. Only when you're shooting. And if you see an example of something in the game, you can be sure it's do-able.

I just wanted to ask an off-topic question, before I made a thing-a-ma-bobber. Would it be alright to make a topic where plug-in designers, instead of posting 'progress logs' could come to brag and advertise their plugs. It was just an idea I had and was wondering if it would get hatred, scorn, and ridicule from my fellow EV lovers, or something else entirely?

Bragging? That's what our signatures are for ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have an unfold-to-fire type of thing, and have a secondary weapon that does pretty much nothing. Then you hold down your control key when you want to unfold.

Or you have a different ship with identical stats and a new shan and swap out ships when you want it to unfold (all outfs transfer by NCB/mission, fold/unfold handled by OnFire field in weap).

The Apple Cล™re, on Apr 19 2005, 04:04 PM, said:

Have an unfold-to-fire type of thing, and have a secondary weapon that does pretty much nothing. Then you hold down your control key when you want to unfold.

Or you have a different ship with identical stats and a new shan and swap out ships when you want it to unfold (all outfs transfer by NCB/mission, fold/unfold handled by OnFire field in weap).
View Post

Er, where have you been, man? If there was OnFire field in the weap resource then... well... there would be cool stuff... yeah.

The Apple Cล™re, on Apr 19 2005, 09:04 AM, said:

View Post

not a bad idea, make the secondary thngy called 'combat alert' which runs the unfold animation forwards, and changes out ship, adding a few weapons and stronger defenses (as you are now fully combat-ready) and replace 'comabt alert' with 'stand down from alert' or something, which runs another unfold anim (which will be the reverse of the one to get to battle mode) and then changes you back to other ship.

now i just need to model the Andromeda, all i have is Milkshape though... shudders

Anyone want to help would be welcome, It would be hard to make the graphics thats all I have a ton of trouble with, but a few graphics for dummies forums I'm looking for should help. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I had thought of the alert system, but didnt have any idea on graphics. Also would the people who made the show have guns trained on me if I made this? The main prob I seem to have is, I need a list of the systems they went to then I can just add more as I fancy. I've gotten quite good with cartographor if I do say so my self. Hail Artanus.

well, i'm working on a model of the Andromeda, but i don't have the foggiest of ideas when it will be done.

Take your time on that, I'm just writeing the storys I could do. I got the seasons on tape and have plenty of info. I probily wont get on the main bit till after track ends, I've also volenteered to write on another plug thats all ready started, though they havent told me if I'm in yet so who knows? I'm baced on PC by the way, the best mac I have is a preforma. :blink:

I'd make the Andromeda Ascendant a pers. You'd have Dylan Hunt popping in every once in a while to say hello, which I would think would be appropriate. If Dylan has slept with every beautiful woman he has met then he has certainly missed a few (Beka, Trance, Rommie and Doyle)