Kontik Research Front

Matthew Walk, on Apr 14 2005, 01:10 PM, said:

Heh...heh...Ambrosia's not gonna do that for us, and it would be better if the people who came up with the idea have the power...
View Post

Ambrosia supports uploading plug-ins, and these boards, as well as this "Developer's Corner" hint hint lol, i guess i dont really see the problem other then losing your work, which woudn't have happened if it was here!

-A slightly confused soul devouring wraith <_<

Or some one could just steal the stuff we have and if we have our own boards we can have privacy.

Having a board here is not an option. Firstly, AmbrosiaSW does not and would not support developers with their own boards. Ambrosia made boards for it's own products, not plug-ins. If they gave someone a board, everyone would be wanting one.

Secondly, we would have no control. We need admins, and Ambrosia cannot provide us with admin control. Furthermore, we are constantly editing the code, and if we did that, other board would be affected too. Finally, we need more than one board, we need a whole section. Ambrosia cannot provide us with this, nor a custom skin, which we'd like.

To sum it all up, AmbrosiaSW cannot support the needs of the Kontik Research Front, and even if they could, they wouldn't, because they quite literally can't.

Darth Eddy, on Apr 15 2005, 12:20 AM, said:

Or some one could just steal the stuff we have and if we have our own boards we can have privacy.
View Post

Oh, i sorta get it now, its got to do with copyright 😄 NP, continue on with your discussion, I was never here :shiftyeyes: :laugh:

Ok, I'm gonna ask that we discontinue this topic here, it's unprofessional and we have things under control, any more talk should be on IRC and AIM. Thankee.

Matthew Walk, on Apr 15 2005, 01:05 AM, said:

Ok, I'm gonna ask that we discontinue this topic here, it's unprofessional and we have things under control, any more talk should be on IRC and AIM. Thankee.
View Post

I don't have either of those, but I doubt you care. 😞

Darth Eddy, on Apr 14 2005, 08:09 PM, said:

I don't have either of those, but I doubt you care. 😞
View Post

Wait a second, you're the leader of a Nova TC but don't have any way to communicate with your team except webboards? I'd strongly suggest you get either an IM program or and IRC program as real time can sometimes work wonders.

Anyway, I agree with matt here, if I were the leader of a plugin team the KRF would be the last on my list of places I'd look for board hosting, mainly because I've seen how much the members bicker and fight and don't have a clue when they've moved or when the servers are down or hacked.

Even if your team has minor problems you'll get more respect if you don't let others know about them. It helps a lot to present a good decent professional face to the public. This topic does not do that.

Ragashingo, on Apr 15 2005, 01:17 AM, said:

Wait a second, you're the leader of a Nova TC but don't have any way to communicate with your team except webboards? I'd strongly suggest you get either an IM program or and IRC program as real time can sometimes work wonders.

Anyway, I agree with matt here, if I were the leader of a plugin team the KRF would be the last on my list of places I'd look for board hosting, mainly because I've seen how much the members bicker and fight and don't have a clue when they've moved or when the servers are down or hacked.

Even if your team has minor problems you'll get more respect if you don't let others know about them. It helps a lot to present a good decent professional face to the public. This topic does not do that.
View Post

I will get them. I just have a busy schedule.

Ragashingo, on Apr 14 2005, 05:17 PM, said:

Wait a second, you're the leader of a Nova TC but don't have any way to communicate with your team except webboards?
View Post

Ahem, that is our business. Lets just say our TC is more of a Representative democracy then a dictatorship. 😄 Send me updates via pming here. Can someone let me know how to get on IRC? 😞

Swithich, you're a PC user with Firefox, right? Look in the firefox website for ChatZilla. Once it's downloaded, you can open ChatZilla through Firefox. Somewhere in the options, you can select which server to automaticaly log onto. Go to, I think, irc.ambrosiasw.com or something similar, then when the chat pane is open, type /join #kontik, for our channel.

I agree with Raga. Using the KRF as the prime choice of contact is okay, but if you've got no other method of contact, either by e-mail or IRC (Maybe even AIM) then you may have a problem. I'd reccomend IRC.

Oh, and for those who care, it's irc.ambrosia.net. Port 6667. The KRF's IRC Channel is #kontik. If no-one speaks, don't quickly leave again (Requiem...), just wait around.

Wow it's been a while since I was around here....
Sad to see you guys are still having these problems

The IPB KRF is ready for opening (Not fully complete, but it works) so all I need is permission from DB, and I'll open it to the public myself. Then I'll talk to Matt about having the board moved to his hosting.

Erg, I finally got around to reading this thread. Just saw the part about losing everything from March 1st. That means that I'm not a member anymore. :mad:

Ragashingo, on Apr 14 2005, 08:17 PM, said:

View Post

Our only problem with that is that some of the members on the team have parents who won't allow them to use Real Time chat programs, even though they apparently don't mind them using boards. (crazy if you ask me, but who am I to pass judgement on others).

Second about this topic. I don't really care too much about what other people think of me, and what I do, so there. 😉 The bickering you mention is because the KRF has worked a bit differently from other development groups/communities I've seen. We don't truly have a clear "leader" per se (and the same could be said for Genesis) as we more or less just came together randomly and without order.

nuku, on Apr 18 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

Erg, I finally got around to reading this thread. Just saw the part about losing everything from March 1st. That means that I'm not a member anymore. :mad:
View Post

grits teeth
(EDIT: Deleted. I've already got a Warn Level, and since unlike karma they never diminish, I'd like to keep it as low as possible.)

This post has been edited by Steelix : 17 April 2005 - 11:44 PM

Wait... so have we actually resolved anything about the board? We really need one...

To everyone on the Genesis team: I hope you guys haven't given up hope on this project. I ask that everyone still try to complete their respective job, so that this does not turn into vaporware. I'd hate to see that happen.

The Real Darth Bob, on Apr 18 2005, 01:07 AM, said:

Second about this topic. I don't really care too much about what other people think of me, and what I do, so there. 😉 The bickering you mention is because the KRF has worked a bit differently from other development groups/communities I've seen. We don't truly have a clear "leader" per se (and the same could be said for Genesis) as we more or less just came together randomly and without order.
View Post

The only reason that I have the leader thing in my post is that I forget that it is there.

Do you think we could get your board back up, www.kontik.net?

Ok guys listen, stop the worring, the fighting, the arguing, here's how things are gonna be. I'm hosting the forum, including the software, and we will use phpBB, like it or not. Got any questions or concerns, email me.

Matthew Walk, on Apr 18 2005, 11:06 PM, said:

Ok guys listen, stop the worring, the fighting, the arguing, here's how things are gonna be. I'm hosting the forum, including the software, and we will use phpBB, like it or not. Got any questions or concerns, email me.
View Post

Wouldn't it be easier to stay at kontik.net bacause it is already set up and was going just fine. :huh: