Kontik Research Front

What happened to the website? Have we moved agian or is the site just down agian?

You think that you are the only one who has noticed this?!?!?!? It has been down since yesterday. My $0.02.

This post has been edited by general11 : 17 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

That is really strange because yesterday was the day my internet came back online. I thought it had been going on for longer. Sorry about that.

Ya, I just found that out. The forum and the website are down. Give DB a call and find out what is up.

The host got attacked. We are working on finding out what was lost.

The Real Darth Bob, on Mar 20 2005, 05:54 PM, said:

The host got attacked. We are working on finding out what was lost.
View Post

Attacked? How? Anyway, is it just me or does the KRF have bad luck when it comes to hosting?

Ragashingo, on Mar 21 2005, 02:03 AM, said:

Attacked? How? Anyway, is it just me or does the KRF have bad luck when it comes to hosting?
View Post

It's not just bad luck. More like your Auroran curse but for hosting 😉

Ragashingo, on Mar 20 2005, 08:03 PM, said:

View Post

Our ten-leaf clover ripped. 😞

P.S. I don't know what's wrong, but I'm only able to access the KRF for 1-2 days a week. I checked my system preferences and firewall junk, but it's all working well. Am I missing something?

I'm quite infuriated when I click the "KRF" bookmark tab and seeing the "Cannot find www.kontik.net..." error message. <_<

I've been discussing this with DarthBob.

The host will be back online, but we've got a little bit of a dilemma - do we stay with them? Personally I'd buy a Mac Mini and host it where I have complete control.

And don't thing I'm not as angry about the KRF being down as anybody else, do you realise how much work I put into it?

Pah, Mac Mini? Why not just but an old Sawtooth for a fair bit less.

I checked with my ISP and it would cost a fair deal extra to self-host with them, but Prophile thinks his will allow him to.

I'd love to get it back online as soon as we can.

This post has been edited by The Real Darth Bob : 24 March 2005 - 08:55 PM

We'll what is the word on what we lost. I would like to know what our status is before I make a yea or nay on whether to stay or not.

Agent_Vast, on Mar 23 2005, 12:52 PM, said:

And don't thing I'm not as angry about the KRF being down as anybody else, do you realise how much work I put into it?
View Post

Nothing against everyone else here, but I think I'm the only one that can really understand how you feel.

Swithich, on Mar 25 2005, 02:29 AM, said:

We'll what is the word on what we lost. I would like to know what our status is before I make a yea or nay on whether to stay or not.
View Post

Right now I assuming we lost everything after my one month entire site backup (March 1st) and my last database backup, which was slightly after then.

That isn't that bad. Althought, I maybe wrong because I am not on all of the projects.

That's a lot of stuff from the Member Lounge gone.

And thankyou for those kind words, EVula. We both know what it's like to have a forum destroyed. sniff

Agent_Vast, on Mar 26 2005, 07:04 PM, said:

That's a lot of stuff from the Member Lounge gone.

And thankyou for those kind words, EVula. We both know what it's like to have a forum destroyed. sniff
View Post

That's true. But there will be less spam there when we come back, if ever. 😄

Send me a PM when you get it back up DB. At least we have some of it saved and don't have to start again from scratch. 😉

Swithich, on Mar 28 2005, 01:35 PM, said:

Send me a PM when you get it back up DB. At least we have some of it saved and don't have to start again from scratch. 😉
View Post

Could you send me one too DB.

The Real Darth Bob, on Mar 26 2005, 01:26 PM, said:

Right now I assuming we lost everything after my one month entire site backup (March 1st) and my last database backup, which was slightly after then.
View Post

Well, the Final Days forums on the KRF are completly gone. :mad:

general11, on Mar 28 2005, 07:40 PM, said:

Well, the Final Days forums on the KRF are completly gone. :mad:
View Post

We can always recreate them.