Wormhole questions

Question 1.
For a theoretical plug-in scenario...
Suppose you had two isolated (clusters of) spobs. The only connection between them is a hypergate or wormhole. Does this actually affect the time of a mission to get from cluster A to cluster B? Does it consider the hypergates/wormholes as the only route, and adjust the time appropiately?

Question 2.
If I recall correctly, the maximum number of spobs in a system is four. When I play EV:NOVA, there are four celestial bodies in Sol, plus the wormhole far to the east. How is this possible? Is a wormhole even considered a spob?

My head hurts.

There is a limit of 16 spobs per system. There is a limit of four spobs that you can hotkey select.

This post has been edited by general11 : 21 March 2005 - 06:40 AM

1. The time limit for a mission is defined by the plug-in's creator, not the game engine.

2. Gereral11, the limit on spobs is 16.

Lord Flasheart, on Mar 19 2005, 07:52 PM, said:

Question 1.
For a theoretical plug-in scenario...
Suppose you had two isolated (clusters of) spobs. The only connection between them is a hypergate or wormhole. Does this actually affect the time of a mission to get from cluster A to cluster B? Does it consider the hypergates/wormholes as the only route, and adjust the time appropiately?
View Post

Adjust the time? I don't see what you mean. If you are asking about a date limit, the date limit is fixed when you create the mission, so you are the one to choose

Lord Flasheart, on Mar 19 2005, 07:52 PM, said:

Question 2.
If I recall correctly, the maximum number of spobs in a system is four. When I play EV:NOVA, there are four celestial bodies in Sol, plus the wormhole far to the east. How is this possible? Is a wormhole even considered a spob?

My head hurts.
View Post

The four-limit is only real when it comes to selecting spöbs with the nav default keys (1 to 4 on your normal keypad (I mean those that aren't on the numpad)). You can have as many spöbs as you want (well, maximum 16) in a same system, but you won't be able to select them all on your nav default keys (you'll need to use the other stellar keys such as "L" ).

This post has been edited by Pace (haldora) : 19 March 2005 - 02:22 PM

Pace (haldora), on Mar 19 2005, 02:21 PM, said:

Adjust the time? I don't see what you mean. If you are asking about a date limit, the date limit is fixed when you create the mission, so you are the one to choose
View Post

Ah. I think I must read that Bible more thoroughly. I figured that some missions were already generated by the game engine.

Pace (haldora- said:

, Mar 19 2005, 02:21 PM)
The four-limit is only real when it comes to selecting spöbs with the nav default keys (1 to 4 on your normal keypad (I mean those that aren't on the numpad)). You can have as many spöbs as you want (well, maximum 16) in a same system, but you won't be able to select them all on your nav default keys (you'll need to use the other stellar keys such as "L" ).
View Post

So that's why the wormhole in Sol couldn't be selected! Thanks, all.

Hope you do well with plug-ins, there seem to be too many these days who can't be bothered to even try to learn it.

Oh, and twenty points of coolness for the Flashheart reference 😉

Lord Flashheart! Lord Flashheart! We wish you were the star!

FluffyWithTeeth, on Mar 19 2005, 05:57 PM, said:

Hope you do well with plug-ins, there seem to be too many these days who can't be bothered to even try to learn it.

Oh, and twenty points of coolness for the Flashheart reference 😉

Lord Flashheart! Lord Flashheart! We wish you were the star!
View Post

Rik Mayall is a comic genius. He was also great as (silent-P)Rick in the Young Ones.
"Neil, tell it like it is: 'Darling Fascist Bullyboy'."