Plug Convertors?

Plug Convertors!

I have looked, seached, hunted, ect. for a plug convertor to change from Mac to Windows. Has one been made? Where can I find it? :mellow:

If you're on a Mac, you want RezConv.

If you're on Windows, a converter (and instructions) should have come with WinNova.

ReConv (and I believe another program which does the same thing) can be found in the utilities section of the Nova addons pages.

Lindley, on Mar 2 2005, 05:54 PM, said:

If you're on Windows, a converter (and instructions) should have come with WinNova.
View Post

I'm on windows but either it has a bug or I du'no, it only converts win plugs to mac. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I download a mac plug I want to use it, so how do I convert it to .rez?

Lindley, on Mar 2 2005, 06:54 PM, said:

View Post

Sylvanis, if you read Lindley's answer then everything should be ok. My only question here is if you've paid and registered the game yet. Some plug-in authors do have the P30 bit set which would prevent you from enjoying the converted *.rez versions. It might also be the reason why the converter program is not available yet too...

However, if you did registered and you are still missing the the converter THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED with WinNova 1.0.6 (gee I wish they'd finished that 1.0.9 upgrade soon... but I'm sure my man "pipeline" is on the case! 🙂 ), then my next suggestion is to copy and save your nova pilots folder and reinstall the game with a fresh download from www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn and re-run the registration program. Best wishes...

Prof. ADN

(quote name='ProfessorADN' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:50 PM')
Sylvanis, if you read Lindley's answer then everything should be ok. My only question here is if you've paid and registered the game yet. Some plug-in authors do have the P30 bit set which would prevent you from enjoying the converted *.rez versions. It might also be the reason why the converter program is not available yet too...

However, if you did registered and you are still missing the the converter THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED with WinNova 1.0.6 (gee I wish they'd finished that 1.0.9 upgrade soon... but I'm sure my man "pipeline" is on the case! 🙂 ), then my next suggestion is to copy and save your nova pilots folder and reinstall the game with a fresh download from www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn and re-run the registration program. Best wishes...

Prof. ADN
View Post
(/quote

I'm fully registered and have a convertor to change from PC to Mac, but not the other way around. As for the suggested "re-download" I'm using a 56 k modem on a some-what fast, but parinoid computer, but only got 2 to 3 kb per sec. It took 12 hours over night to get Nova once. Even on wireless it still would take forever "here". Thanks though for you advice. If you can find out more I'll be very thankfull. 😉

Sylvanus, on Mar 5 2005, 03:17 AM, said:

I'm fully registered and have a convertor to change from PC to Mac, but not the other way around. As for the suggested "re-download" I'm using a 56 k modem on a some-what fast, but parinoid computer, but only got 2 to 3 kb per sec. It took 12 hours over night to get Nova once. Even on wireless it still would take forever "here". Thanks though for you advice. If you can find out more I'll be very thankfull. 😉
View Post

Where did you get the PC to Mac convertor? As far as I know there aren't any such programs that run on windows - the conversion from PC to Mac can only be done on a mac.

Are you sure you are putting the right files into the plug converter.

Hold, it I am quite confused. The Convertor to go from a Mac .rsrc plug-ing to a PC .rez plug-in is bundled with nova. Simply unstuff the files, using Stuff-it 7.5 with the cross-platforms settings set to preserve resource forks. Then drag the resulting files into the plug-in convertor utility inside the nova folder (it should be the only other .exe) in there.

The Real Darth Bob, on Mar 6 2005, 12:53 AM, said:

Hold, it I am quite confused. The Convertor to go from a Mac .rsrc plug-ing to a PC .rez plug-in is bundled with nova. Simply unstuff the files, using Stuff-it 7.5 with the cross-platforms settings set to preserve resource forks. Then drag the resulting files into the plug-in convertor utility inside the nova folder (it should be the only other .exe) in there.
View Post

Your not the only one confused... pass me some Tylenol when you get a chance please...

:blink:

ProfessorADN, on Mar 4 2005, 02:50 PM, said:

Some plug-in authors do have the P30 bit set which would prevent you from enjoying the converted *.rez versions.

Actually, that's not the issue at all with being unregistered. Plus, it's not P30 specifically - it could be P0 or even P1000, depending on the number of days. Besides, he could change that with EVNEW if he chose. The issue with being unregistered is that you can't use plug-ins period.

Sylvanius: If you're referring to the converter that came with Nova, then you're mistaken: it converts Mac plug-ins to .rez (Windows plug-ins), not the other way around. If it outputs a 0 kb file, it means a Mac user submitted it in a non-Windows friendly format. You'll need Stuffit - either 7.5 or 8.5 (or whatever the latest is) and some utility from Allume.

By the way, this is more related to Nova in general - it's plug-in conversion, not plug-in creation. In the future, please post any Nova questions not related to plug-in development on the EV Nova Board.

:huh: 🤷 Thanks. I'll try. My computer was down for a while.

P.S. Have you ever heard of a virus protection program that mobilised our computer, killed the internet, and gives error messages like a "ccapp" error. I don't trust the Symantec company, do you?