Possibly looking for a writer

Hello,

The Kemet TC has a more or less pretty stable dev team for about eveything right now with the exception of writing: I am the sole string writer, in addition to many other duties.

I would like to find a writer willing to immerse him/herself in the history and specifics of the Kemet setting and give me a hand. The whole immersion thing is very much required- the backstory here is quite as large as the actual in-game plot, and much depends on it.

This is a long-time running project with a now stable team and daily progress, and (IMHO) little to no chance of vapour status. You'd start on a few minor strings while learning more of the history of the setting and would hopefully be able to help me with any of the three magor plotlines (any of which would require more knowledge of things than the side missions would).

If anyone is interested, please PM me here on the ASW boards, or go to our forums and post, or PM me there.

Thanks for your time,
Rik

(PS- I checked the Unemployment thread and it seemed that most people were already tied up. Hopefully this will not be construed as spamming).

What exactly do you need help with because I have time to help if you 'd like.

He wrote it right in his post. He needs someone to back him up on writing minor (and possibly major?) storylines so that way he isn't overwhelmed.

I've also got a bit of time to help, so I'll send a PM.

Another writer who is not involved with a project more important 🙂

I should point out that the underlying story behind Kemet: Final Legacy is epic and VERY detailed; this isn't a 'give-me-an-excuse-to-go-blow-something-up' kinda story. This makes kemet one of the best TCs in dev.

We don't try to pressurize members on the dev team; but no time-wasters please.

I honestly think that the EV community needs some new blood... but I guess that people just don't bother to be able to put together a good story. If Rik manages to find a writer that doesn't need serious grammar help, he'll be one lucky guy.

He's got it. Grammar help is for people who haven't found their way out of grade school.

Anaxagoras, on Mar 8 2005, 08:19 PM, said:

I honestly think that the EV community needs some new blood... but I guess that people just don't bother to be able to put together a good story. If Rik manages to find a writer that doesn't need serious grammar help, he'll be one lucky guy.
View Post

Oh I don't know, I think there are plenty of people in the EV community that can write well. What made you think otherwise?

I look away and there are 0 replies- I'm back and now there are some? Hm..

I try not to judge anyone's serious writing by the calibre of thier posting language. If you went by how we typed we'd all be fined for forgetting basic gramattical laws or spelling at least once a day.

Anyway, the postion may be filled and we've spoken- the person involved and I.

I should point out that the underlying story behind Kemet: Final Legacy is epic and VERY detailed; this isn't a 'give-me-an-excuse-to-go-blow-something-up' kinda story. This makes kemet one of the best TCs in dev.

And hopefully we don't run out of missions... crosses fingers

rmx256, on Mar 8 2005, 11:45 PM, said:

I look away and there are 0 replies- I'm back and now there are some? Hm..

I try not to judge anyone's serious writing by the calibre of thier posting language. If you went by how we typed we'd all be fined for forgetting basic gramattical laws or spelling at least once a day.

Anyway, the postion may be filled and we've spoken- the person involved and I.
And hopefully we don't run out of missions... crosses fingers
View Post

Run out of missions? The stupidly evil 1000 mission limit?

Ragashingo, on Mar 9 2005, 07:06 AM, said:

Run out of missions? The stupidly evil 1000 mission limit?
View Post

🙂 I see I'm not the only one who regrets that.

I liketo use missions a lot for non-mission related things. Just kind of sucks to have to restrain yourself. Anyway...

Pace (haldora), on Mar 9 2005, 08:17 AM, said:

🙂 I see I'm not the only one who regrets that.
View Post

There are ways and means 😄

As for writers, Iain M. Banks has just released his latest novel. He may be looking for something lighter to work on before he starts his next. Give him a go.

I'll write if you need help. Just make sure you are very specific about the tone of writing and character's attitudes. Otherwise they will be changing daily based on my own mood.
I'm more than willing to wade through the history. I find all of that interesting for some reason.
If you run out of missions you could create two plug-ins for missions. Both would contain the smaller side missions but the main storyline would be split between the plug-ins. The only difficulty I see is how you would manage the redefinition of all the bits when switching to the next plug-in.