Ships

How do I add a ship I made in Mech for Nova using MC. I already have the sprites and masks. And I made the ship resource and the shan but I don't understand what to do on the shan and the main screen ended up with the sprites. What do I do?

This post has been edited by Scarab : 01 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

The reason the main screen ended up with the sprites is because your sprites use the same IDs as the main screen ones. You must give your sprites unique IDs. Next, read the EVN bible for how to use shans and then browse the important links topic if you're still having trouble.

MC has its strong points, but you may find that shans are easier to understand if you try NovaTools -- it has a preview pane that shows your ship spinning so you can tell whether the shan is working properly.

Satu, dua, tiga, empat.... What's up with the counting in Indonesian?

Guy, on Mar 1 2005, 11:23 PM, said:

The reason the main screen ended up with the sprites is because your sprites use the same IDs as the main screen ones. You must give your sprites unique IDs. Next, read the EVN bible for how to use shans and then browse the important links topic if you're still having trouble.
View Post

What are some unique id's that I can use?

on a side note: yay 300 posts, not that it matters to anyone.

This post has been edited by Scarab : 02 March 2005 - 06:35 AM

Dr. Trowel said:

For your sprite PICT, choose a number that Nova doesn't use; an even number between 2320 and 3998 or between 4030 and 4998, for example. For your mask, use this number plus one.

RLE'd sprites use the same range. The quote is from (Tutorial) Extremely Basic Sprites. I'll admit that it's a very quirky tutorial, though. 🙂

Dr. Trowel, on Mar 2 2005, 12:19 AM, said:

Satu, dua, tiga, empat.... What's up with the counting in Indonesian?
View Post

It actually took the rest of the board quite a while to catch on to the fact that it was Indonesian. You seem pretty intelligent. @question: I'm not so sure why...