EVNEW Hates Me and Set Fire to My Room!

Except it didn't...

Hey, I've got a bug for all you brilliant, wonderful, technologically knowledgeable folk...

I try to import new ship graphics into EVNEW, but it won't let me...what's up with that?

Do they need to be in some special format? It lets me see gif and jpg files, and I made a spin graphics thingy in Photoshop for the ship I want to import, and I swear that it was absolutely perfect, but...yeah...

I really REALLY want to import these graphics, but it won't let me. Help?

Oh, and it lets me import sounds, but then they don't work, and are overridden by the default sounds.

And something else, EVNEW hasn't been updated for over a year. No bug fixes, nothing. Anybody know where the author went off to? Is there a new site or something that I should know about? There are definitely a few things that should be fixed.

Should I post a copy of the ship spin graphics that I want to import so somebody else could help me? Let me know!

Aprosenf is still around. However, he hasn't updated it simply because he hasn't found a need, i.e. he hasn't heard of the bugs.

Also, try .bmp. I've heard that it works best for importing rleX's into EVNEW.

Are thw Woozle Tools rle stuff what he'd be looking for here? Or are those just Mac?

w00tware, not Woozle. TomWoozle coined the term 'w00tware', nothing more. The actual w00tware tools were made by Ralph and Roger Sutherland.

And yes, they are Mac-only.

BOOYAH!! Hooray for Mac!

I now have a mac, as of a month ago, but the stupid IS/IT people here don't allow us to bring in our own computers, or else I'd have it up and running, and be modding EV:C without abandon, and without having to worry about stupid EV:N.

I miss the real EV:C and it's awesomeness!

EV:N for Windows was a great thing for me, being the EV addict that I am, but it would be nice if I could have a trusty old Mac here to do the job 1000 times better.

So, yeah, I'm stuck with Windows...for one and a half more years. Then I go off to college with my old mac, a mac mini, a g5 tower, and a dell laptop. Mac mini for simple productivity (might just get an iBook, or something) and the g5 for real heavy graphics, 3d rendering and s###e, my old mac just for kicks, and the dell laptop just for my music production (I prefer FL Studio to anything else I have tried yet, like Reason (mac) or Garage Band (wtf is that s###e anyways? It's like Acid on crack, and a few downgrades!).

But yeah, Windows is the thing for right now. If anyone finds anything helpful to my cause, please PM me, or something (email works too: Adrian.Prestemon@students.conserveschool.org).

Thanks! (Macs make everything so much easier, except for file sharing in a Windows-dominant network)

What was the format of the graphics you were trying to import?

In an email I sent to Aprosenf:

Hey there. I swear I emailed you about this several months or a year ago, but I never once got a reply, or anything:

When I try to import a rleD to bring in my own ship spins, it doesn’t work. I have tried having the graphics in .jpg, .gif, and .bmp, and nothing works. I also can’t import my own sounds and have them work after I do such.

I am using the most recent release of EVNEW from your website, and I am running Windows 2000 SP4.

Thank you for your time, and your dedication to EVNEW to at least get it to the point that it is now.

I appreciate any help you may have on this!

But I just got a reply from the aol email server telling there is no Aprosenf@aol.com like his website says...
That sucks.

Dash_Merc, on Feb 27 2005, 06:18 AM, said:

In an email I sent to Aprosenf:

But I just got a reply from the aol email server telling there is no Aprosenf@aol.com like his website says...
That sucks.
View Post

I never found his real email either. If you find out some how, tell me too, please.

Sure thing! I'll post it here, and we can all gang up on him and make him feel unloved and tell him to update EVNEW...muahahahaHA!